new tires front shakes????help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new tires front shakes????help

Hello Ex'ers,

i just spent my tax returns on some new tires..PROCOMP XTTRAIN's they look sweet, but if i get my truck over 435 the front end shakes like HELLLLL...
They where ordered on line throught 4x4parts.com they came mounted and balanced... so i not thinking it is a balance issuse. i also switched front to back to see if one of the fronts i had on was off balance and nothing.
i was thinking alignment but i had no problems at all b4. i know these tires are bigger 31's but it real shakes... please any advice b4 i spend the $70 on the alignment... thanks

luke

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is something wrong with that wheel & tire package. The tires are out of round or out of balance. The whhel could be the problem also. I say you better knock on 4x4PARTS door.

you must also remeber that they are Xterrains... they arent going to ride like a bridgestone so-3 on a porsche

since they came mounted/balanced i'm guessing that you purchased the tires on rims?

put your old rims and tires back and on and see the vibration still exists,

if not they its gotta be something faulty with new tires and rims that you got

holy sh$t batman u can do 435mph??? damn my cars slow :(

=)

i would do what ford racing guy said and if it is the new tires take them to have them ballanced again..if they did come ballanced they coulda been droped or something knocking a weight off

you could have problems with you hubs, bearings, ball joints....ect front end parts that the larger heavier tires and wheels may be excentuating causing the vibrations

Back