New to the forum PICS OF MY TRAC!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum PICS OF MY TRAC!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got an 01 white st and im on 33's but they rub some still after trimming i had a brush guard so my truck looked close to yours at one point lol

Your headlights look great. How did you do that with the mesh? My tail lights are tinted with VHT nightshades but I'd like to try something like you did on your headlights for mine.

here are a few pics of my ride with the black grille. i need to get some pictures of it when it's clean, but im always in the dirt doing something!

WP_000043.jpg

WP_000023.jpg

WP_000040.jpg

CIMG0467.jpg

painted my bezell white to match the outside of the truck. it gives it a nice feel coming in and out of the truck. i love it.

P1020162.jpg

this is a shot of my cladding after i painted it. you can see in the back the original color of my aluminum grille, i painted it because it flowed better black once the cladding turned black.
its more functional than looks right now, but once i get my refinished center caps on, and throw an alpine set up inside, it should be sitting pretty. my next step is an aussie locker in the rear and a roof rack with lights.

I love the rockstars!

You can always do a SAS for more tire. :D

keep the wheels, they are sick. i got 15's right now, but im only sitting on 30''s right now. i love them though, they are pro comp MT's and they are the bomb when i go off road. when i wear my tire out, im going to do the TT and throw some shackles on the back so i can get some 33''s on my 15 inch wheels. that would look sick, but that's a long way down the road because my tires are pretty much new. stick with your wheels and keep posting pics!

got chewed by my woman last night about wanting new tires when I just got these. I guess I will just be happy with my 32.1x11s for now.. Haha

wait it out, im doing the same thing and just enjoying my rig as it sits today. cant wait to get my aussie lockers and roof rack!

Im thinking it might look a little beefier if I put a 1inch spacer behind the rims. Make it stick out an inch more like 305s. Thinking about doing it when I do the shackles and TT in a few weeks.

nice sport

Im thinking it might look a little beefier if I put a 1inch spacer behind the rims. Make it stick out an inch more like 305s. Thinking about doing it when I do the shackles and TT in a few weeks.

Thats a good idea about adding spacers, thats why I don't like those rockstars, they have about the same offset as the stock wheels.

ive thought about getting spacers myself, but i heard they damage your hubs long term and can break if you are somewhere where you are working your truck hard. my truck is more for function and not looks, so ive held off. anyone use spacers on a trac that they use to tow/offroad/camping/etc?

Anything that moves the wheels away from the hubs is gonna add strain on them even if its wheel with an offset the moves them away, off roading is also hard on them. I can't get hubs to last more then a year. I'm sick of changing them. Tomorrow I have to change my CVs and I'm not happy I have to remove the hubs to do it but I don't have a choice, well I guess I could pay someone to do it but thats not gonna happen.

Lono,your new wheels have an offset that moves the tires away from the hubs already. You get bigger tires and they will stick out more. I wouldn't add spacers in your case.

Also, I've never heard of anyone just having a hub just brake, have you? You get plenty of warning that they are going bad before it would actually come apart.

Cluster, before I added the wheels spacers, body lift and bigger tires both of my hub bearing assemblies completely came apart and the only way I made it the last half mile home is beacuse the axle shaft nut kept the wheels on.

Two weeks before that I drove through a muddy lake and that's what kiled my bearings without any kind of warning. Needles to say I don't do too much mudding anymore, that being one reason, the others are it causes rust on the undercarriage and it's a M.F'er to work under the truck when you have dirt and clumps of mud falling all over you.

You don't "have to" remove the hub bearing assembly to remove the axle shafts. I know this because I removed both of mine a couple times. Just unbolt the spindle bolt for the UCA and Tie Rod End and move the spindle to the side and pull the axle shaft out by pushing in and then pulling out.

Here's a link:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187964

great knowledge, thanks fellas. im waiting until i wear these tires out, then im going to do a shackle/TT lift and get some bigger tires. that wont be for a while though, my tires still have most of their tread. im gonna stay away from the spacers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cluster, before I added the wheels spacers, body lift and bigger tires both of my hub bearing assemblies completely came apart and the only way I made it the last half mile home is beacuse the axle shaft nut kept the wheels on.

Two weeks before that I drove through a muddy lake and that's what kiled my bearings without any kind of warning. Needles to say I don't do too much mudding anymore, that being one reason, the others are it causes rust on the undercarriage and it's a M.F'er to work under the truck when you have dirt and clumps of mud falling all over you.

You don't "have to" remove the hub bearing assembly to remove the axle shafts. I know this because I removed both of mine a couple times. Just unbolt the spindle bolt for the UCA and Tie Rod End and move the spindle to the side and pull the axle shaft out by pushing in and then pulling out.

Here's a link:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187964

Yeah I saw that link after I posted. I haven't had to do them on this truck before. It doesn't look that bad. Interesting about the hubs, mine have always given me plenty of warning. I'm with you on the mud falling on you while working under the truck, I usually wear safety glasses cause it always falls in my eyes. The mud here is mostly sugar sand so when its dry its very fine powder.

Back