New to the X, but ready to do more mods... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the X, but ready to do more mods...

I've had my 01 sport now for almost 4 weeks. I've got 17x9 cobra wheels, K&N FIPK, installed my 1200 watt amp in the wall where the stock sub was, and threw my 10" DVC HE2 in the back. I'm in love with this truck so far, but I don't know what I want to do next. I've been thinking about supercharging it, but I'm going to wait for a while. I'm thinking about gears for the rear, BBK throttle body, or somthing along those lines, along with a apten chip. Give me some feed back on what I would get the most bang for the buck out of.

Thanks!!

Intake, exhaust, and chip are the first 3. You probably have the SOHC motor, so the BBK TB won't work. You could also get an aftermarket MAS, but that won't give you nearly as much bang for the buck.

After intake, exhaust, and chip gains start to fall off. Like I said above, there's MAS and there's also headers. Then there's N2O and supercharging ;)

Gearing is a good power mod, but you have to balance tire size, power, highway rpms, and mileage. Too low a ratio and you'll suck gas on the highway and actually lose power on your top end.

I could go on, but it's 2 in the morning :rolleyes:

im with Alec. intake, exhaust, and a chip. i wouldnt bother with gears, you more than likely have 3:73's. the jump up to 4:10's really isnt worth the money. after you do these three, then get a MAS. a member here named Black Magic has the three mods were talking about on the same truck as yours, and it made a helluva gain.

Yea, I received a 21 HP gain with just the Apten chip before a free flowing Exhaust. I am on the top of the list to get the ExplorerExpress.com Super Charger as soon as they have it competed. I can't wait for those ponies! :D

Check out my web page to get some ideas of things you can do with your Sport!

Click here to see Black Magic

Back