New toy + imagination = custom bumpers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New toy + imagination = custom bumpers

splodo49

Ejection seat man..
Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT,75 FJ, 05 Cummins
So i finally forked over some serious bones and got a tube bender.. Only one die right now but saving up for a couple more.. Also its not that easy to find tubing up here in the northwest..But in the mean time i drew up a couple of ideas..Now these are just sketches with no measurements so i know some ones going to ask.. Personally i like the middle one.. Im gonna make that one for my ex..

Attachments

• resize bumpers.JPG
    resize bumpers.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 375

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the middle one too. Simple, effective, and not too boisterous. Why not make some rocker panels/rock sliders while you're at it? And a roof rack too. And some some headers. Or a custom exhaust. Better yet, make me an exhaust!

i am

I plan on some tube doors front and rear bumpers.. I allready have some sliders i custom made on the explorer check out my gallery..

bottom and middle

but again I am a streeter so take what I say with a grain of salt

Why not design a bull grill guard/ brush guard? One that wraps partly around the side and whatnot.

Thats the plan

The plan is to have them run the corner and the front bottom of the fender..
Like i said these are simple sketches with no side view. So imagination also has to be a factor..

I'd have to see a side view to tell you what I like better. IMO, if you do the third one, don't have three bars. Just weld the stinger to what would be the new top bar (which is the middle bar in the picture). Sorry if this is a bad explanation.

BTW, I saw that you got some new 35" BFGs last night on ebay. j602 was about to bid on them and then you placed a bid. :D

i love all these ideas

Yeah i could and thanx for the idea.. But if i did that it would look to much like the first one.. Yeah i know it would be better with some side views.. Ill post some soon.. (left drawings at work).. Plus i like the 3 bar look..Just trying to make them all a little unique.. Also their will be some 1" tube thats bent and placed for supports and gussetts with designs in them.. That are not in the drawings.. :confused:

Bumper

Thats a nice bumper did you make it????

no, I did everything on the truck but the welding. I have a friend who lives in Prescott AZ that fabs out of his garage. He's done my front and rear bumpers, interior roll cage, custom dash, and even a trussed 8.8 rear end. I just moved to Dallas, and I wish I was back in AZ so he could build me an engine cage, and get rid of some sheet metal up front...

One thing I almost forgot to toss in before you went building:

Try sketching out a picture of your front end (or take an actual picture) and use some pipe cleaners to bed out over the picture and see what you like. It helps if the pic is a little bigger than normal.

Back