New Truck, new forum, new questions... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Truck, new forum, new questions...

BlackEXP-93

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Hello explorer enthusiasts. I'm new here, thought I'd post about my "new" truck.

I just purchased a 93' Black XLT from an independant seller. The truck fines in fine mechanical condition, and the body is fairly in good shape, with the exception of a bit of rust around the rear wheel wells, and along the bottom rocker panels, as well as a bit of surface rust around the gas cap.

I was wondering if you all had any help or suggestions on getting rid of this rust. Here's a pic:
gascaprust.png

Overall I think it is a very nice truck, and I am certainly in love with it. It is also the same vehcile featured in one of my favorite movies, Jurassic Park. I think one day I'll paint it to look like one of those... Has anyone ever done that before?

Welcome to this forum! The only way to get rid of rust is to sand, prime, and paint it with good quality paint. The cheap paints in the spray cans fade, and eventually start to let moisture seep through. Then rust comes back in new places. Check out the body work section of this website.

check if your washer fluid in the back is leaking....

Welcome to the forum!

Back