New Update!!!! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Update!!!!

V4 >v5 in terms of perceived power
V5>v4 better in terms of shifting smooth

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, just wondering, what mileage are you all getting?? Let's say 70mph highway and city mpg?? Thanks.

nvm, probably talking about V5

I Have the V4 3bar 93 tune

I just took a 7hour trip each way using my V4 93 3bar and in drive mode at say 70-80mph when I mashed to the floor to make a high-speed highway pass mine would not upshift for a second or two at redline. I am really worried I might have transmission problems but reverted to OEM this does not happen. OEM also short shifts the gears so I have to think its the V4 tune? Is this similar to what yours was doing and no longer doing it on V5? Oh, and every time I drive the truck I disable Traction control, so that was not causing this shifting issue.

Mine actually would hesitate before kicking down the trans. 93 v3 or v5 test good with mine. Now that warmer weather is here I'm trying v4 again to see if it's better without winter blend gas.

I loaded the 93 Octane 3Bar V5 this morning and had a chance to play around. My shifting is perfect and I do not notice any power loss. I have not been able to play with launches yet. I am happy and look forward to an eventual V6 with more refinement haha!

Great, keep everyone posted!

Guys, my question again, can someone help me with info about what mileage are you all getting? Thanks.

16-17mpg in suburban driving, while driving like a blue hair and staying off boost. 93 octane, intake, catback, 3bar and lms tuner. A lot of 15minute trips though

Driving very aggressive 16-17 mpg, some aggressive 18 mpg, driving easy 19-20 mpg. I don't drive much long interstate cruising, but bet I'd be in low to mid 20's. That's a mix of back roads, highway, and interstate I drive to and from work.

I run 93 Octane, 3bar V5 and I do mostly local driving. My average is 15mpg. Long trips I get 20mpg. Towing on 93 Oct 3bar I get 10mpg.

Thanks guys, I'm getting around 14 mpg in town (going for kids to school, store, etc) just regular driving. And in hwy at 75mph cruise controll on a 250 mile trip, it gave me 18mpg. It got me thinking if something is wrong cause my 2014 5.0 gave me 24 mpg on that same trip @ 75 in cruise control.

[MENTION=87965]BlackJack[/MENTION], we have almost the same set up EXEPT I have the windstorm cai, and u r getting better mpgs. Could it be my foot? Or something could be a little wrong? I've been off the boost in this tests. Thanks once again

[MENTION=87965]BlackJack[/MENTION], I've been wanting to do the BOV VTA mod, any downsides to it? Haven't affect the LMS tune in a wrong way? Thanks.

Thanks guys, I'm getting around 14 mpg in town (going for kids to school, store, etc) just regular driving. And in hwy at 75mph cruise controll on a 250 mile trip, it gave me 18mpg. It got me thinking if something is wrong cause my 2014 5.0 gave me 24 mpg on that same trip @ 75 in cruise control.

[MENTION=87965]BlackJack[/MENTION], we have almost the same set up EXEPT I have the windstorm cai, and u r getting better mpgs. Could it be my foot? Or something could be a little wrong? I've been off the boost in this tests. Thanks once again

Not sure about your mileage. I just replaced my plugs and keep the air filter clean. I keep the tire pressures at 35 psi. all around. Also, my driving is not all easy and do get on it hard at times.

[MENTION=87965]BlackJack[/MENTION], I've been wanting to do the BOV VTA mod, any downsides to it? Haven't affect the LMS tune in a wrong way? Thanks.

No negitive affects, just can hear them real well. They do let some oil residue out which is better than in the intake.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.

I have a full throttle hesitation with the V4..should i then go to the V5? And so i just have to send in the email again with my info?

V5 seemed to work good for me.

I switched back to V4 for some testing, but still have some hesitation issues when I kick down the trans full throttle at about 70 mph. Issue seems more in the trans/ shifting than engine. Felt like it briefly went into neutral once on me.

I plan on switching back to V5.

V5 seemed to work good for me.

I switched back to V4 for some testing, but still have some hesitation issues when I kick down the trans full throttle at about 70 mph. Issue seems more in the trans/ shifting than engine. Felt like it briefly went into neutral once on me.

I plan on switching back to V5.

That's what it feels like to me..i am running V4

So after the transmission downshifts, there is a pause before the ex starts accelerating? A second or less?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back