• Register Today It's free!

can anyone identify my wheels?

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

never saw these on another explorer....

anyone know where they came from??

what max size tire can they hold?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im pretty sure those are stock.

they are stock XL steel wheels..came on the very base explorers
7-24-04_007.jpg

they are 15x7s just like the other stock wheels

thanks a lot guys. is the spare wheel the same?

Same size yes same style no. Ford put a cheap stealie rim in for a spare.

They look like ranger wheels, 95 ish or newer, and I would be tempted to say 2x at that, but seemingly those were all 14's, so 4x I am sure.

I hate dial up, as well as my x...

All the pics finally loaded by the time i was done replying, and I see the redundancy.

Sorry

Those wheels came on my brothers 99 2wd XLT Ranger -- they are very cheap wheels. The coating has already peeled on his.

-Drew

sorry.....quick question

these will hold 33x12.5x15's just fine right?

yeah, a 32x11.5 will fit on a 15x7 rim......

not all explroers had a 7" wheel, i found that mine on my xlt 1994 was a 6" wide wheel... but i had alloys and all the good stuff and a fullsize spare, jsut had a 6" wide rim.....

what about the 33x12.5x15's?

jimabena74 said:
yeah, a 32x11.5 will fit on a 15x7 rim......

not all explroers had a 7" wheel, i found that mine on my xlt 1994 was a 6" wide wheel... but i had alloys and all the good stuff and a fullsize spare, jsut had a 6" wide rim.....

really i have never seen those..got pics?

nope... but i have worked on enough explroers and rangers that i can say a lot of the spare rims were 6" cheap steal rims......

and a 33x12.5 will fit on a 7" wide rim, but there will be other issues.... you arent going to be fitting a 33x12.5 on a stock suspension, stock body .... also the tread will wear out fast as the vehicle wont be utilizing the whole tread in its footprint.... a 8" wide rim is best suited for a 33x12.5

jimabena74 said:
nope... but i have worked on enough explroers and rangers that i can say a lot of the spare rims were 6" cheap steal rims......

cause i have never heard or seen them. my stock steel spare is 7" wide..and heck even the stock steel wheels on my dads 84 ranger are 7"..i was just intersted in see what style was 6" wide..cause its un known to me untill now(and im still skeptical :D )

what about 33x11.5x15's do better with tread wear vs 33x12.5x15's?

or should i just stick to the 32x11.5x15's?

1e9a.jpg

I got the chrome plated ones on my EB. Are they a more popular style for the 2nd gens than the bare version pictured by the OP or is it that the chrome has peeled from those?

the crhome ones came on the EBs..the painted steel ones where on the XLs..they where painted silver.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96limitedX said:
cause i have never heard or seen them. my stock steel spare is 7" wide..and heck even the stock steel wheels on my dads 84 ranger are 7"..i was just intersted in see what style was 6" wide..cause its un known to me untill now(and im still skeptical :D )
I had 15x7" tear drop alloys and a 15x6" steel spare.

spare1.jpg

spare2.jpg

Back