New Update!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Update!!!!

I just flashed v4 93oct and went for a spin. It's a big improvement all around. Drivability is better and WOT is noticeably faster. It spins the tires every time in 1st gear and going into 2nd, and top-end feels stronger.

I won't be able to go to the dragstrip for another three weeks, but I will definitely run it and see how it compares to v3 93oct. They also sent me a 100oct tune but I still have a half tank of 93 in it.

Post up how you do at the strip. What mods do you have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking time out to let the community know what you think of our latest tune version for your XSport! We will keep you posted on our cool ideas as well ;-)

As you said downpipes will help with that low end boost building. As they are engineered to relieve the excess back-pressure on the exhaust side of the turbocharger. This relief allows the impeller inside the turbos to spool up faster, with less resistance and less effort.

No problem. Yeah, downpipes are next on my list.

Just watching tv this morning and a cool episode of PowerNation came on with those guys tuning a black ecoboost 2015 F150 with some quick upgrades that Livernois supplied and a brief interview with Dan. The dyno showed a big increase in power, something like 69 hp and 123 tq I think at the wheels with Livernois cai, thermostat, tuning, and a Borla exhaust from Ford Performance.

Post up how you do at the strip. What mods do you have?

LMS tune, 170 tstat, 3bar map, gapped plugs.

With the v3 93oct tune it went 13.48 @ 102.3. I think it will go a few tenths quicker with the v4 tune.

LMS tune, 170 tstat, 3bar map, gapped plugs.

With the v3 93oct tune it went 13.48 @ 102.3. I think it will go a few tenths quicker with the v4 tune.

Nice time with those mods. Nice to know since I have pretty much the same upgrades, but a 160 tstat. Yeah, I think you'll do a bit better with the V4 tune.

I am about to send my info for the new tunes. Do you have a new meth version as well?

I am about to send my info for the new tunes. Do you have a new meth version as well?

We can build you a meth version...everything that we do is custom, so there are no "presets" just waiting. Do you already have a methanol V3 tune from us?

Liking the new update

I gotta send my email ASAP...want to try out this new update!

Question...where do i find the strat code and SW ID?

Updated to V4 this Am...have about 40 miles on it and the difference is very noticeable. This shift points like someone else said feel much smoother and more in tune with everything. With v3 some of the shifts were a bit harsh. and almost shifted a little too quick. At first i was like...did i put it back to stock? Because it was a lot smoother...but then i floored it and knew it wasn't stock!

Love it so far!

Is this updated tune that everyone is liking the same tune that you have for the 2016's?

Is this updated tune that everyone is liking the same tune that you have for the 2016's?

There is no Version 4 tune (V4) for the 2016, BUT the entire V4 tune that the 13-15 guys have is actually based off of what we were able to do with our 2016 tune!

ANy ideas on figures for what this gains as far has HP and TRQ over the last one or just in general to the stock 365

ANy ideas on figures for what this gains as far has HP and TRQ over the last one or just in general to the stock 365

V4 makes ~17AWHP/AWTQ over V3. For us, it is really the shifting and power delivery that is the real gem of the tune!

This tune is awesome

Thank you! Glad to see that you are loving it! :salute:

V4 update request sent

Hi Livernois,

I just sent you the email with my info for the V4 update. Can't wait to load it and report back.

Best Regards, Fred

V4 makes ~17AWHP/AWTQ over V3. For us, it is really the shifting and power delivery that is the real gem of the tune!

Thank you! Glad to see that you are loving it! :salute:

Over the V3...what did the V3 make roughly in general?

Hi Livernois,

I just sent you the email with my info for the V4 update. Can't wait to load it and report back.

Best Regards, Fred

Over the V3...what did the V3 make roughly in general?

Hi Pup, here are the latest dyno runs I could find at the time (see starting from post #13 ). Don't remember if this is v3 or not:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432377

Hey Fred, I saw your request! They are working on a list of around 20 just updates at the moment, but you are definitely in line!

That link that Fred posted is tune only V3.

Hey Fred, I saw your request! They are working on a list of around 20 just updates at the moment, but you are definitely in line!

That link that Fred posted is tune only V3.
Thanks for the update! No worries. I'm retired now, so I'll run some before and after 0-60 times as soon as the the tunes come in. Much cooler here in upstate NY than Texas, but I'm at about 1,900 feet instead of sea level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back