• Register Today It's free!

New with a couple of questions

KCwildguy

Reaction score
City, State
Independence
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer XLT 4x4
Thank goodness I found this forum. You have all already helped me a lot, with changing my thermostat, and getting my keyless entry code changed, and I thank everyone! I just bought a very nice 95 4dr that I love.

I have a couple of issues, and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it:

1. Previous owner had an aftermarket stereo installed, and had run his own lines for amp and speakers, which he removed. I put a new head unit in, and I assume I have an amp, because I get no audio from any speaker. Additionally, I have the Blue wire (Amp trigger) on my wiring harness. I hooked it to the Amp line on my stereo and still don't get anything. How do I know what system my Exp had? I have the rear stereo also. Anyone know if there is a second line to the Amp? Doesn't it get a ground also?

2. I changed my thermostat because it wasn't warming up at all. Went great, but this morning as I was driving, I turned up the heat and the temp shot up. When I turned off the heat, temp went back down. I am thinking air in the system, maybe I didn't wait long enough when I had it running and filled it back up.

3. Turn signals work fine, but on Hazard, the left arrow doesn't light and the front left lights don't light. Could this be a bulb, even though the signals work when on turn?

I know, stupid questions, but I am an IT guy, not a mechanic, and while I found answers to all of my other questions on here, I couldn't find these. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will head back to the audio thread again.

I don't know the temp range of the thermostat, it was the one Autozone had listed for the Ex. It ran prefectly until I cranked up the heat and the temp shot up, went back down when I turned the heat off. Didn't do it every time. I was thinking there was air in the system, which caused me to not have enough coolant running when I ran the heat.

I am changing my bulbs as soon as I get back home. Everything has to work to pass a Missouri safety inspection to get tags.

welcome and id hafta see the truck to no sorry

Back