New Year, New projects for your 3rd Gen Ex? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Year, New projects for your 3rd Gen Ex?

Looks good :thumbsup: I can wait for mine to arrive! The fogs won't be here until thursday but hopefully I get the High and Low on tuesday or wednesday. I mainly want mine for the increased visibility. I have trouble seeing at night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will be blown away, its a whole new world driving at night with HID's. I honestly think the DOT should step up and make them mandatory on new vehicles, if i can get them for $35 on eBay it cant cost than much for manufactures to put them on new cars.

You will be blown away, its a whole new world driving at night with HID's. I honestly think the DOT should step up and make them mandatory on new vehicles, if i can get them for $35 on eBay it cant cost than much for manufactures to put them on new cars.

I agree. They aren't that expensive and from all the pics I've seen visibility is increased making driving safer. Besides HIDs last a lot longer than regular halogen bulbs. I think its an easy choice on which is better.

Just added my aux lights this week, next gonna add the factory fogs, picked a set up from a junkyard, just gotta get the time to wire em up. The aux lights are just amazing.

Until we get projector housing idk if I will ever get hids. Some kid in town has them on his wrangler unlimited and he blinds me at stop lights.

Some kid in town has them on his wrangler unlimited and he blinds me at stop lights.

Reminds me of the lifted chevrolet and GMC trucks around where I live. It blinds me just from them being at stock height, but lifted makes it 100x worse.
I'm for HIDs for a safer driving experience. I am almost blind in the dark. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the lifted chevrolet and GMC trucks around where I live. It blinds me just from them being at stock height, but lifted makes it 100x worse.
I'm for HIDs for a safer driving experience. I am almost blind in the dark. :rolleyes:

Yea I think he was lifted on some big rubber too. I understand the advantages of the HID's I think they look cool too I want to do them I just don't think I will unless I can get projectors just too blinding if you don't aim them down. There is an x around town who has them and with the fogs it's a great combo.

Nate what HID's / K did you buy ?

i think im done with HID's unless for some reason the other set of HID's i bought awhile back decide to work since my fuses are not blown anymore...

i have done some looking around for bright 55w halogen replacements should my last chance at HID's fail...

http://www.luminicsusa.com/ - found these, these are very popular with the " Tuner " crowd, but from what ive read alot have good results, and lights appear to be very bright. they also " KINDA " have a HID look to them for a decent price. ( www.amazon.com )

these will be my next trial, if my HID trial fails...

just some food for thought...

Well today was xmas for my x from my ex haha. She spent like 1500 on me. I ordered body lift, some steel to make my own spacers for the struts, hid headlights, carpet, cobra seats out of an 04 cobra and i have someone doing the rear seat to match and new headliner to match as well. I just got a set of 33s from a buddy for dirt cheap and wanna run em soooooo bad. Ill take pics.

Lets just say ive got some maintenance to do. New tires, Spark plugs + wires, Turn rotors, brake pads, Fuel filter. PCM software upgrade. I would like to put some new shocks on the front, but that can wait.

Thinking about a winch and a UHF CB/scanner.

Caldwell, I got a 5000K HID. I'm getting 5000K's for my Fog lights too, and maybe my AUX lights (that may be a bit difficult to do)
HID.jpg

Crappy pic, and headlights are a bit dirty, but here they are. Its a bit difficult to tell, but my camera wouldn't show the proper blue-ish white color they are.

5k looks good !

another set of 5k's for the fogs or 3k's would look great !!!

Thinking about it, I may just do a 3K HID/Xenon style bulb for the AUX lights. That would look really awesome. And be a simple swap.

I have to find the wierd bulb number for my AUX Lights. The bulbs look something like this. I saw a set on ebay motors and I have to comfirm the number.
p804923935osr.jpg

That yellow would look way sick! :thumbsup: Have to see what I can do.

they do look awesome... if my HIDS for my lows dotn work then im going all Luminic's bulbs...

pure blue for the Lows/Highs

jdm yellow for the Fogs

pending what type of bulbs you need, HELLA has some bright aftermarket aux bulbs for replacements of their products...

they also have laminent for the lights as well...

The blue and yellow will look good!
I can't wait to finish this years first project. I want to get some black headlights (I have the black corners), but I still haven't bought any yet :rolleyes: Probably should do that this yr.
Not sure if hella will have what I have. My AUX lights were Pilot Automotve. Maybe they will, but I still need the bulb number first.

I have to find the wierd bulb number for my AUX Lights. The bulbs look something like this. I saw a set on ebay motors and I have to comfirm the number.
p804923935osr.jpg

That yellow would look way sick! :thumbsup: Have to see what I can do.

Those look like H3's. Not 100% but its an educated guess lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

agree... ^

Back