New Year, New projects for your 3rd Gen Ex? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Year, New projects for your 3rd Gen Ex?

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Happy New Year to all.

Anyone have any mods planned for your 3rd Gen Ex this new year...

Myself: Black headlights, Class III hitch, and new wheels.
My hopes are for a trouble free year from my Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Happy new year Nate!!! Probably just going to be a service year I reckon, no fun mods:(

Happy New Year!!!

Mods for me will be whatever it takes to run a 14.99 in the 1/4(currently hitting 15.1 w/tune, exhaust)
Do basic stuff to get the Ex cleaned up(paint touchup, full detail)
Have a few things needing attention(rearend, shocks, wheel bearings, etc:D)

Merry new year! :)
This year should bring some great changes; under and over drive pulleys, black magic electric fan, jba headers with header back 2.5" exhaust, and maybe fx4 decals :thumbsup:

Well probably no work till this summer but I'm hoping for some aux lights intake and exhaust. Love to do an electric fan but it sounds complicated.

LIMITED - GET AN INTAKE !!!!! if you havent already...

my plans - 60,000 mi Service ( any suggestions )

* upgrade my brakes / dynamat my X / aux lights

O.k, only took 16 hours to change my mind. Throttle body gasket mod.

Taking over? I'm not close to the edge, I'm plummeting head first into the abyss with a crazy grin on my face.:D

Looking to do my 4:10 gear swap soon. Took a trip in the mountains these past few days and the X definitely had to downshift and rev up a lot to get up those hills, so she needs those gears.

Other than that, making a set of brackets to let me use my tow hooks with the brush guard, and sometime get around to putting in my BTF spacers.

Did a semi-stealthy CB install but I need to take pics and troubleshoot some SWR issues.

Mine isn't really a mod but if I do keep it, I am gonna get the tranny gone thru, replace all the seals/gaskets that look worn, get the rear end rebuilt and xfer case inspected, timing chain (has 109k mi on the engine)... basically go over all the mechanicals lol. Of course everything will be changed to full synthetic as well.
Performance mods will probably be intake and exhaust as I just wanna get the MPG I lost when I went up a tire size lol

i have a eaton off my 03 cobra i want to put on the wifes 02 4.6 need help

wont work buddy. different head design.

my plans are for wheel bearings, ball joints, ground force springs, eibach sway bars, new struts, and a 5.4L swap + forged rotating assembly. will do trick flow heads and cams probably in 2012. and a small turbo in 2013

wont work buddy. different head design.

my plans are for wheel bearings, ball joints, ground force springs, eibach sway bars, new struts, and a 5.4L swap + forged rotating assembly. will do trick flow heads and cams probably in 2012. and a small turbo in 2013

Holy Sh** zero! :eek: Going to really upgrade your Ex! Can't wait to see how it turns out :thumbsup:

LIMITED - GET AN INTAKE !!!!! if you havent already...

my plans - 60,000 mi Service ( any suggestions )

* upgrade my brakes / dynamat my X / aux lights

I will, UDP's and put the efan back on;)

i have a eaton off my 03 cobra i want to put on the wifes 02 4.6 need help

This is what you are looking for, it may need to be modified slightly, but should work for the most part. I'd PM both Rocket5979 and Awdrocks for what questions you may have in regards to supercharging your Ex because they both have done it. Here's the link, there's both an intercooled kit and non-intercooled kit available.

http://shop.torktech.com/99-04gtsupercharger-lesskitusinga0304cobrablower-1.aspx

Here is the start of my newest project.

IMAG0368.jpg

I plan to get some terminator rims and just fix everything on my truck. I still haven't gotten it fixed since my accident in October sadly.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've ordered a full set (high/low/fog) H.I.D 5000K. Thats my first project of the year :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back