Newbie...Have Mercy...Blower...Speedometer...Rear Defroster... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie...Have Mercy...Blower...Speedometer...Rear Defroster...

DIYFanatic

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport 4x4
...are not working. Was driving down the road in my 2001 Sport and the AC fan stopped working. I figured it was a fuse and checked them in the fuse box and power distribution box. At least the ones that visibly show damage or not. Today, I realized my speedometer/tachometer/oil pressure gauges weren't working and, finally the rear defroster. I didn't swap the blower relay in the distribution box but wonder if that is the problem since I have all of the above issues. Can anybody guide me in what steps I need to take? Can all of these issues be tracked to one location?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since this is posted on the Sport Trac section, is it a Sport or a Sport Trac?

Right off I don't see a connection between all of those things that quit working. If the common power to them quit there would be lots of other stuff that quit too. Check all fuses in both fuse boxes and swap the relays around. If you need a fuse diagram and don't have an owners manual you can access it here:
Dead Link Removed

Since this is posted on the Sport Trac section, is it a Sport or a Sport Trac?

Probably a Sport because Sport Tracs don't have rear defrosters.

welcome

Probably a Sport because Sport Tracs don't have rear defrosters.
Hey there. I know this is an old post, but I just delivered a 2010 Sport Trac and I'm wondering if you have an explanation for why the Sport Tracs do not have rear defrosters?

Thanks in advance!

Most pickup's don't have a rear defrost to begin with.
But I think its because of the power rear window. If a pickup has a rear sliding window, you usually lose the option for the defroster. I think its the same case with the ST.

the rear console fan defrosts the window quite well
reach back, turn on fan to high, and aim airflow towards window.

Back