Only getting air from rear vents? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Only getting air from rear vents?

jralexander137

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
2003 Explorer Sport Trac 2WD. I'm not getting any kind of air from from the front vents(defrost, dash, floow) but am getting air from the rear vents. Any suggestions on what to check? I assume fuses/relays are good and the blower motor since air is coming out the rear vents.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your front blower motor/fan is not working. There are several possibilities for why.

Bad fan switch
Bad blower motor resistor
Bad blower motor fuse or relay

No vacuum to the door motor, if the blower motor is running.

Check the blower motor, if it's running, is air coming out of the defrost vents?

If the vacuum source is bad, the default is the defrost vents.

If this is the case I can walk you through the steps I used to correct it on my 00.

No vacuum to the door motor, if the blower motor is running.

Check the blower motor, if it's running, is air coming out of the defrost vents?

If the vacuum source is bad, the default is the defrost vents.

If this is the case I can walk you through the steps I used to correct it on my 00.

OP stated no air from defrost vent either, so it doesn't sound like a vacuum issue. I assume the blower motor doesn't run.

Didn’t catch that.

Thanks for the save.

He really didn’t want to have to trace down a vacuum leak in the 20 miles of hard line under the hood anyway.

So I replaced the 40 AMP fuse and the blower relay with no luck. Looks like the front blower motor isn't even turning on. The actuators are engaging.

Actually one of the dash actuators only moved once and won't move at all now. I'm having trouble tracking down where the fan switch is. Do I need to take the dash blower motor out to find it?

Most of what I'm finding online seems to show where it is on a non-sport trac model.

Back