• Register Today It's free!

Next Uprgade?

bdt115

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
Alright, I have a 1999 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC....200,000 miles. Since i bought it in late July I've put LEDs under all my door handles, LEDs in my roof rack, and put a decal on my windshield. I have 8 inch cherry bomb glasspacks on the way for true duals and some turndowns. After I have those installed what do you think I should do for my next upgrade?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One touch down passenger window. It's cheap and easy to do. I just did it 4 days ago and am very pleased.

One touch down passenger window. It's cheap and easy to do. I just did it 4 days ago and am very pleased.

X2 especially if you cruise with the window down a lot! One of my favorite mods to date.

Very tough question to answer since there is so much you can do to your truck from audio to performance, to appearance and ect. You might want to poke around the forum for more ideas and narrow it down some.

how did you do the one touch down passenger window? it sounds like a good upgrade, especially since i always ride with my windows down haha.

Intake cone filter?

wow thats a great write up thanks for the link!

Alright so after searching the forums and talking to some people here is what I am going to do to my 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 2wd 4.0L SOHC.
1) I need to change the control arms and ball joints because they are not in the best condition.
2) In the front I want to get 3 inch lift spindles, and do a TT
3) In the rear I am going to add a leaf, along with shackels
4) If I get enough lift I want to get 33 inch tires or 32 Im not sure which will fit
5) Then I want to get a prerunner type bumper.
The reason I am doing all this is cause i like the look it will have, and I want to be able to do a little off roading not anything to crazy cause i know it is only a 2wd. Let me know if you have any suggestions or anything. I have about $2000 to spend now so im not sure how much ill be able to do now. here is a link to how it looks right now

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/connortate16/?action=view&current=Subs004.jpg

wow looks real nice! real clean!...i was thinking about doing the same thing lift wise, and with the bumpers.

Back