NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6 | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

April 5th or 6th

• Saturday April 5th

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sunday Apritl 6th

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
looks good Andy, we missed ya yesterday. I almost attempted it in 2WD, you probably would have been fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great andy:thumbsup:

Yea, test page looks good to me. Link it, baby!

ok so first off i wanna say what an awesome day.. (and ya my boyfriend is aaaamaaazing!!!!! er.. i mean officer ellison..... lol... but ne way we were all talking and by we i man me aaron matt and big john, we think that we should det up trips more often.. like every oher weekend... this way u have a week to fix the broken stuff.. and if u cant make it then u come next time.. but this will keep the trips smaller.. which is much nicer imo (3 or 4 trucks rather than 8) but we should really go more often and more cleanup runs...
but to the pics... some of my favs...
DSCN1984.jpg

thats my lovely artwork on genes truck...
DSCN1988.jpg

aaron found a sock.... not brave enough to take a gander inside (neither was i)
DSCN2010.jpg

this was when matt decided to go backwards thru the hole!!

but here is the link to tho whole album.. sry guys not nearly as many pics this time...
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/aleej86/wheeling/wharton 4-5-08/

Nice shots Amanda - you got some real good ones of my truck going through the mud. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ya thats what im good for.. lol, so bad new guys my truck is leaking oil.. a decent amount of it too.. wtf how can all yall take ur trucks off road.. and mine is the one that breaks...lol but ugh i may have to give her up.. matt thinks its the rear main we have to take a better look at it tonight.. i hope its nothing serious.... but woh knows with 200k on her

god i feel like andy.... i cant see a damn thing....

stupid slow days at work...

I haven't heard from him in weeks. he was supposed to get me a free junkyard wheel bearing for my repairs two weeks ago, and never got back to me about meeting up. Not sure what's going on, but I hope he's OK. Meant to post this a few days ago to see if anyone had heard from him.

ya well guys its def the rear main =( still undecided on what im gonna do.... this sucks!!! but on the better side of things, i fianlly got my own apartment (for those of u who knoe about my effed up living situation) so i feel kinda like a whole person again i move in on may 1st!!!!

Congrats on getin your own place!

ive never done a ford rear main, but the yota ones werent that bad... not worth dumpin the truck for atleast

well its not the rear main that im worried about so much, its a cheap part and shouldnt take to long do, but u gotta take the trans out if im not mistaken and i know that that is gonna caus a problem something will end up breaking and then ill be oput of a truck with no where to store it while i end up putting a new trans or w/e in it.. like i dont have a garage thats my biggest worry... =(

Looks like ya'll had fun. And the leak aint worth getting rid of the truck.

again its not the leak itself its the fact that i have no where to fix it, and i know that it wont b as simple as fixing the leak.. something else will break which will take her out of commission for too long a period of time

again its not the leak itself its the fact that i have no where to fix it, and i know that it wont b as simple as fixing the leak.. something else will break which will take her out of commission for too long a period of time

So just leave it parked in the driveway while it's out of commission?

trans aint hard to do, and theres really no reason anything else should break in the process

I've begun working by Halogen light at night after work in the lot behind my house; night time is the right time, Especially now that it's warmer out.

How bad is the leak? Can you just top 'er off every few thousand miles?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So just leave it parked in the driveway while it's out of commission?

i have no driveway, i have a rock lot that i park in, but i cant work on her there... im sure an oil change is no biggie, but nothing more...

trans aint hard to do, and theres really no reason anything else should break in the process

well this is my truck were talking about and nothing ever goes as planned... something else always happens thats just how it is and i can understnad cuz she was never taken very well care of

I've begun working by Halogen light at night after work in the lot behind my house; night time is the right time, Especially now that it's warmer out.

How bad is the leak? Can you just top 'er off every few thousand miles?

yes anad that is just what i intend to do... im checking the oil every day when i leave work... so far no diffrence.. its a pretty slow leak, i just hate to leak fluids.... and if i had somewhere to work i would def work by halogen at night in the warm weather its ok by me

Since we're all reporting our problems, I have a blown head gasket! ugh!

if all goes as expected thats gonna be my next problem... ugh:confused:

so end all story if anyone knows anywhere i could rent a garage to work in let me know cuz i have two other projects that i should get rolling as well

Back