• Register Today It's free!

No. 7

XltRoger2003

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 limited v8
Ok I replaced all coils and plugs 5 weeks ago then it said no.6 misfired, so driving yesterday and ses light came on so I stopped at AutoZone and it said no7 misfire and misfire on start up before first 1000 rpm then another misfire on no.7 and another misfire on start up before the first 1000 rpm ,,,, is there something I need to check other than the coil and plug on no.7

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pull the no, 7 plug check if its fouled.Black oiled wet,saturated with gas,Or a cracked plug swap plugs with a different one.

Thanks 07gtman for the info,I will this weekend, ,,and sometimes the ses light will flash and sometimes it's solid why is that

^ 2004 Owners Manual (Page 11)
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/04expog3e.pdf
If the light is blinking, engine misfire is occurring which could damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and have your vehicle serviced immediately.

Under engine misfire conditions, excessive exhaust temperatures could damage the catalytic converter, the fuel system, interior floor coverings or other vehicle components, possibly causing a fire.

is your number 7 the last one next to the fire wall on the drivers side?my 05 was leaking water from under the wiper cowl,Washer fluid water from rain.Had a little rust crack right in the spot where it would drip into that plughole.
When i pulled the coil the plug hole was full of water.The spring/connector was all rusty and so was the plug.this was about 3 months after i changed the plugs,And it had been raining alot..Cleaned up the rust crack and smeared some 100% silicon caulk on it. That was about a year and a half ago.and put a ****load of dielectric grease all around the top of the boot and the connector...all has been good since..ses is service engine soon,It's telling you something is not right.

A little sand paper and caulk under the wiper cowl,A new plug have not had an issue,It was doing the same thin his was,Misfire ses light, Not sure,But none of my truck had the engine cover.But chances are it my be.

It's been raining a lot and snowing so the other day I was backed to the house so the truck was facing a slight downhill , I popped the hood looking for a good place to run my amp wire and I noticed water was dripping from the cowl down on my intake and pooling up it was between the last 2 cylinders I didn't think much of it until I just pulled the coil and had filled the plug hole, so I used some skinny shop towels to dry it and put the old coil back in and started it up it sounds better, this weekend I will try to fix the cowl leak.... thanks gt and ses for the info thanks alot

no problem,glad i could help...Do you have that engine cover? Just wondering if that would have helped, I also took about a half of a 5 gallon bucket of water and poured it down the windshield slowly until it started to leak

I don't have a engine cover I didn't even know there was one, I thought about getting a piece of hose or thin pic and running it over the clips for the cowl

I don't have a engine cover I didn't even know there was one, I thought about getting a piece of hose or thin pic and running it over the clips for the cowl
I'm pretty sure there is suppose to be a cover,I have a threaded hole near my throttle body.i just caulked the leak and called it a day..

I looked it up last night and now i want one lol

Does anybody have one of those covers they want to get rid of?????

i have three mountaineers and none of them have the cover.

Well pooie I guess I'm gonna have to hit the junkyards around here, I'll call first to see how much they are before driving to any of them

The covers were ‘02 and ‘03, at least on Mountaineers. Explorers at least 2002. Younhave to have the mounts for them.

My buddy has a 2004 f150 4.6 and he has a cover on his,but he wont part with it. GRRRRR

What are these doing here?

E3AFE4FB-CF9F-4B0C-AA6D-E3F739E4B108.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back