• Register Today It's free!

no air flow from vents

747driver

Reaction score
City, State
downers grove,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 mountaineer
I have a 03 mountaineer. I am not getting any air flow from my vents. The blower works fine, ac is fine and heat is ok. I looked at the fresh air door and it is in place and works normal when I use a screwdriver to push it open and it closes fine. Next I found the blend door and its actuator. It is all in place and works ok when you manually open and close the door. I had the ac on and blower on then manually open the blend door and the air flow out the vents was good. With the blend door opened and you let go of the actuator arm is goes to full close. When i choose different air flow paths ( dash only, floor and dash, defroster, etc) I hear a click but no movements of the doors. Any thoughts would be appreciated !

Thanks

Chuck

Sounds like one of the vacuum lines is disconnected or a major vacuum leak. Check behind the glove box on in my '04 there is a vacuum manifold with small color lines going to it, each represents one of the vents. Also under the hood the system pull its vacuum off the intake check for that, same size tube as the glove box ones. There is another one which attaches to a water valve. You might need some manual vacuum Gage to check this lines, most auto stores have one. That would be the quick stuff otherwise i'd look for a service manual on CD, it gets complicated if its not a simple disconnected line ..

Back