• Register Today It's free!

No Door Sticker!!!

Evicerate

Reaction score
City, State
KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I have a 1994 XLT. I've been trying to find out my gear ratio and paint color. Yes, I know, look at the sticker on the door jam, but I dont have one!
Is there any site, person, or place that can tell me this info if that all important sticker is missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All that information is coded in the VIN of your vehicle. Just go to your local Ford shop and have them look it up for you. Maybe someone on this site still has the web site link that has all the info on it.

I believe you can decypher your VIN # to find out that stuff. You should also have tag on the rear axle pumpkin that identifies the axle gear

if you have a haynes or chiltons repair manual it actually breaks the VIN # down.... from using the repair manual i have i found out my truck was made in louisville, ky

Not quite

Gear Ratio isn't in the VIN. I remember my first trip to the Ford Dealership asking them if they could do that then they got up under it and looked at the tag on the axle to find out ratio. Not sure about paint code either.

I found out mine was made in Kentucky by the sticker in my rear window. I believe most or all of the Explorers and Mountaineers are made there.

Originally posted by EBInterceptor
I found out mine was made in Kentucky by the sticker in my rear window. I believe most or all of the Explorers and Mountaineers are made there.

ALL of the first gens were made in Louisville, KY. I think some second gens were made somewhere else....

If that is all of it

(I am refering to Alec's web posting) then how come the last two times I got an insurance quote they gave a listing of my options (pm,pw,pdl,a/c,at ect) Or did they base that on my model (XLY GL that sort of thing)?

Re: If that is all of it

Originally posted by Nicaraguense
(I am refering to Alec's web posting) then how come the last two times I got an insurance quote they gave a listing of my options (pm,pw,pdl,a/c,at ect) Or did they base that on my model (XLY GL that sort of thing)?

That info is NOT in the VIN.....the option list might have been registered with the ins. when the vehicle was new....

Thanks to all who replied.
Looked at the pumpkin, and it says I have 3.73LS.
Yeah for me!
As for the color, of course it would be green, which gives me like 4 possible colors. I wanted to paint my grill, but need to know the color.
Any ideas?
Anyone have a pic of their green explorer of which they know the color?

Thanx again to all who offer help.

Originally posted by Evicerate
Thanks to all who replied.
Looked at the pumpkin, and it says I have 3.73LS.
Yeah for me!
As for the color, of course it would be green, which gives me like 4 possible colors. I wanted to paint my grill, but need to know the color.
Any ideas?
Anyone have a pic of their green explorer of which they know the color?

Thanx again to all who offer help.

Go to Dupli-Color's website.. They can show you what each color code corresponds to what color

Originally posted by Blee1099
Go to Dupli-Color's website.. They can show you what each color code corresponds to what color

I appreciate the help, but I don't have a color code to work with since I have no sticker. I went to paintscratch.com and looked. Tourmaline may be it, but like I said there's about 4 greens that are close to my color.

There are 4 greens in first Gens....

91-92 is a darker green than anyother green, it is called woodland green or something.

93-94 has a Dark green, but it is lighter....this is the common XLT green. I can get up a pic of one if needed.

In 94, there is the Limited green....very close to the Xlt green.

Also, there was a teal light green...

I went to the parts department at Ford and they looked up the color for me. I think it's on the inside of the door as well if you know what to look for, but if you don't have the sticker they could look it up for you.

My 1994 is a color called "Cayman Green Clearcoat Metallic". Maybe yours is too. It is a sort of blue-green/teal color. Can't recall the paint code on that but as was said, Dupli-Color has it. I was able to buy an exact code match at a store for some touch-up paint.

Thanks to all who posted help.
Crankcase, could you post the pic of the XLT?
I'm leaning towards Cayman, as it is a little teal in some lights, but if all else fails I'll see if the Ford people can help.
The joy of a used car :)

I appreciate all of the help. The method that had to be employed was to go to walmart and buy a color, test it on a chip on the rear quarterpanel, and wait.

trial and error sucks, and if you buy from a store w/o a good return policy it may become expensive. Cayman wasn't correct, but finally, Dark Tourmaline Metallic was the winner.

Back