No Glove Box Light | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Glove Box Light

Only ford my GMC Terrain had a lot of lights and cubby holes for stuff.
It depends on which trim level you buy. I would suspect there are other manufactures, other than Ford that do the same on lower trim levels.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It depends on which trim level you buy. I would suspect there are other manufactures, other than Ford that do the same on lower trim levels.

Peter
I have a loaded xlt 2017 I'm going to check the in laws they have a 17 limited.

I have a loaded xlt 2017 I'm going to check the in laws they have a 17 limited.
My 2011 Limited had a glove box light.

My 14 sport has a light in the glovebox.

(If someone knows what connector one could get that fits onto those pins, please post it here, I'd rather put on a real connector than a makeshift wiring).
RockAuto has the connector. See attached.

44511B29-E69F-412C-8CA2-B896655FD6E4.jpeg

Can confirm my 2017 based does not have a glove box either.
Thank you for the reply. I'm guessing you meant no glove box light.;)

Peter

My 2017 XLT does have a glove box light. I even have an LED bulb to replace existing bulb but can't my stubby fingers in enough to remove the existing bulb.

So it appears that only Base models do not have a glove box light. Thanks.

Peter

I know this is an old thread but I need to thank you for doing all this research. My new-to-me 2013 XLT also had no glove box light.
I just purchased p/n 8A5Z-14413-A (switch & bulb) and 3U2Z-14S411-EHA (Wire assembly). They are indeed a perfect match! The dealer gave me the switch for $17, and the wire for $ 21. Well worth it to have what should have come in the vehicle in the first place.
I will not be removing the console to wire this up. Unclipping just the top edges of both sides of the console, and popping off the horizontal plastic piece the console arm rest latches into, gives easy access to the 12 volt cigarette lighter in the front of the console storage area. A couple of Posi-Taps should do the trick after snaking the wires from the glove box along the inside of the passenger side console cover and around the cup holders.
Thanks again!

Peter

Yes, you are never going to get all the lights and trim pieces on the base model of any car. It's just something that you know going into the purchase.

I do see that for the 2020, the Base is getting a lot more equipment than it had in the past. Going back to when I started driving Explorers, in 2004, the Base I have in 2016 is equipped like an XLT was in 2004. Looks like the 2020 Base will be much better equipped.

I'll probably lease an XLT in 2020.

Everything went according to plan. A bit of wire snaking involved but no removal of the console needed, and works like a charm. Finally have a glove box light in a box that has most everything in it, except for gloves. Its the little things..... ;)

I was curious, so I looked and my 2017 XLT does have a light.

I was curious, so I looked and my 2017 XLT does have a light.
On the 2017 Explorers, only the Base trim does not come with the glove box light.

Peter

Back