Glove box light? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glove box light?

Has anyone installed a light in the glove box of a late model?

I want it to be switch ( when the glove box door is opened/closed ) operated.

Thanks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would check radio shack as well. you could prob use a standard N/C pushbutton as a pinswitch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is the light located? I dont think I have one on my 95 ltd.

Anyone know about replacing the bulb in the keypad?

GLOVEBOX!!!!!!!

Sorry hydroxy, I couldnt resist.

I have only "heard" the key pad light is either not replaceable or is such a ***** to do that no one has done it. Maby you could be the one to do it.

By the way that light is in the keypad. LOL

Okay, I found one of those pin switches at the fifth auto parts store that I went to today. Must be a popular item. Finally found a place to mount it which wasn't easy and required a bit of fabricating (probably would have been easier to pick one up at junk yard). Got power from the aux. power port (that cigarette lighter lookin thing) in the center console. Hooked up a light to it and now I have a glove box light. Works like it's supposed to. Shut the door, no light. Open the door and there is light. A great thing.

Lee

Originally posted by Okrazie1
Maybe it's only the late 4 doors that don't have the glove box light, because my '99 Sport has one. I know that it isn't part of an optional package because I didn't get any options on mine.

My 99 sport does not have a light... ?????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

Huh? I think my 99's do! :rolleyes: But a better questions is why is there a light in the ash tray!:mad: But not under thd dam hood!:mad: WTF!

I don't need to see in the ashtray!:mad:

they stoped them in 98

Ok Just checked!

Both my '99s have lights in the glove box!

Maybe your are just burn't out!:confused:

Don't make me take a picture!:mad:

However my sport dosn't have one in ashtray:monkey:

...or it's just burnt out!~:p

I looked and it was burnt out. I never noticed it before. I dont usually go into the glove box anyways... As for the ash tray... My X does not have one. Well it came with one that fits in the cup holder. But I took that out and use it for screws and such.

Back