• Register Today It's free!

no low end power, HELP!

imq707s

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 97 5.0 explorer and my dad also has an explorer thta is identical to mine, except the color. For some reason his has a bunch more low-end power than mine. My truck is a dog until around 3000rpm then you can feel yourself getting pushed back in the seat almost like it has a turbo on it. Both explorers are stock. Could there be a sensor going bad on mine? What else could couse this problem. The top end pull of both trucks is the same, but mine has no bottom end. Please help.

Originally posted by imq707s
I have a 97 5.0 explorer and my dad also has an explorer thta is identical to mine, except the color. For some reason his has a bunch more low-end power than mine. My truck is a dog until around 3000rpm then you can feel yourself getting pushed back in the seat almost like it has a turbo on it. Both explorers are stock. Could there be a sensor going bad on mine? What else could couse this problem. The top end pull of both trucks is the same, but mine has no bottom end. Please help.

Do you both have the same tire size and axle ratios? I know you said they are identical, but just making sure.

Back