• Register Today It's free!

No oil to driver side head

accent0002

Reaction score
City, State
port angeles, washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer xlt
Hey I’m wondering if anyone has an idea if you know the 4.0 sohc well what might stop oil from getting to the driver side head? I have good oil pressure at the sensor while cranking 50-60 but no oil getting to tensioner/cam oil tube/lifters
I tore the head off of it today and tryed blowing air through the oil port and nothing goes through. Blow through the sensor port and it goes through to the chain area/pan
My passenger Side head and tensioner is getting oil So it’s just the driver side.
The Engine is basically rebuilt I had just put new bearings, pistons, rings, heads, timing chains on it And cleaned everything when it was apart
Any ideas before it all comes apart again?

Any ideas? Does anyone happen to know where the oil galley goes to from the head? A oil flow diagram would be nice but I havnt found one

Incase anyone else has this issue I’ve figure it out. I took the engine back out and took off the pan, pump, front timing cover and finally found a piece of plastic jammed into the oil port going to the driver side head(behind guide for crankshaft timing chain) so drilled that out and now can blow through the oil ports any way and have air going to the driver side head. Now just to put it back together. It should run nice just about everything is new.

Back