no reverse and Lost Drive today

Big_Texas

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone I feel great being here

well my problem is my girlfriends explorer's transmission is out. A couple of months when she was at work she was pulling out in reverse and heard a loud knock like something fell out the truck. When i got there i didnt see any fluid anywhere and i was able to push her out the spot. We took it to a shop and said she needed a rebuild and would cost 1200. Well she didnt drive it that often (tryin to save up money to fix it) and today she went to work and on the way back in the middle of driving she heard the same noise again and this time the drive went out, but there was fluid was everywhere.....I do know also her OD light was on and when you pushed the button nothing happened....can someone try to help me diagonsis the problem...i am somewhat of a good mechanic but i have never messed with a transmission...thank you for any information

Welcome to this forum! What year is her vehicle? Does it have 4WD? Which part is leaking? Does it hold any fluid if you try to refill it?

Sorry for the delay been busy at work.....her truck is a 1999, it does not have 4 wheel drive...i cant tell where it was leaking because she said all of it just started pouring out and by the time i got home to look at it, it wasnt dripping anymore and i havent tried to put anymore fluid into it

Back