• Register Today It's free!

No Scan Button

rd2

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
On my 2020 Ford Explorer with Sync 3, there is no button for the radio to SCAN through the channels. I've searched a number of forums and haven't found any input on if there is a way to SCAN AM or FM radio on Sync 3. Does anyone know if there is a trick to do it?

Also, since I've seen some confusion about it in other forums, the SCAN button is a button that goes to the next available channel, plays for 3 seconds or so and then automatically moves on to the next available channel, and repeat. This is different than the SEEK button in that SCAN changes to the next channel automatically after 3 seconds whereas the SEEK button needs to be pressed again to go to the next channel. The SCAN button has been on every vehicle I've owned until this one. I'm hoping there's a way to scan by pressing another button or something along those lines. Thanks!

Just look in your owners manual under radio and it will tell you how to use the seek and scan features

On my 2020 Ford Explorer with Sync 3, there is no button for the radio to SCAN through the channels. I've searched a number of forums and haven't found any input on if there is a way to SCAN AM or FM radio on Sync 3. Does anyone know if there is a trick to do it?

Also, since I've seen some confusion about it in other forums, the SCAN button is a button that goes to the next available channel, plays for 3 seconds or so and then automatically moves on to the next available channel, and repeat. This is different than the SEEK button in that SCAN changes to the next channel automatically after 3 seconds whereas the SEEK button needs to be pressed again to go to the next channel. The SCAN button has been on every vehicle I've owned until this one. I'm hoping there's a way to scan by pressing another button or something along those lines. Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
In checking out the Owner's Manuals, it seems that the 'scan' button was removed in the 6th gen Explorer and Aviator.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
In checking out the Owner's Manuals, it seems that the 'scan' button was removed in the 6th gen Explorer and Aviator.

Peter
Thanks Peter - while i knew the button was removed, i was hopeful the functionality was still there in some way...like holding down the seek button for a second or two and then it would scan. that was my first try and when that didn't work i started searching the web to no avail; i can see removing the button but dont understand why the functionality wouldn't have been kept. oh well

Back