No sound from new deck....

Timmy2734

Reaction score
City, State
queens, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
First off, im a newb to explorers..

It's a 95 sport and a Pioneer 7600 deck. I have the main power harness and the amp bypass harness, at least i assume it is. It has RCA plugs that go into the deck instead of soldering the wires. All works well, except for one thing, i get absolutely no sound. What did i mess up?

any help is greatly appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have premium sound option?

not that im aware of...... its not a jbl radio

So you just have head unit with regular speakers, no external amp?

Alright for starters I don't know why you need a amp bypass kit, we used an amp bypass kit on mine but that was because I had the jbl system with two external amps you shoudn't need one. As far as no sound, mine had the same problem and was due to the grounding through my power attena and the factory amps, since you don't have external amps that can't be the source of the problem. My pioneer hu had to have a special adapter, a T, to connect the attena from the rear of the hu and the ground to the power attena, but I'm not sure this is your problem, do you have a power attena? :confused: When you say main wire harness I'm assuming this is aftermarket to take stock wire clip to back of head unit clip correct?

maybe i was wrong n saying 'bypass' No power antenna. The speaker harness, with the RCA plugs does have its own ground, which i havent seen on any otehr harness before. By main harness, i mean the power, ground, illum, etc to the back of the HU

Timmy2734 said:
maybe i was wrong n saying 'bypass' No power antenna. The speaker harness, with the RCA plugs does have its own ground, which i havent seen on any otehr harness before. By main harness, i mean the power, ground, illum, etc to the back of the HU

Hmmm, well in a perfect world you should just have to connect the two clips together & PRESTO since you don't have to worrry about bypassing an amp or grounding through a power attena, and if you have power its obvisouly grounded properly :confused: I'm still a lil confused on the wiring harness you have, did you go out and buy just a wiring harness or are you going from the back of the head unit (pio7600) directly to the factory wiring harness?

its a harness. One plug is a small, rectangluar one and teh other is the long plug. the smaller speaker plug has the rca connections on it as opposed to soldering directly to the radios harness

thanks for your help, appreciate it. Im gonna go play with it some more

Yeah mine had the same thing, a long skinny harness & small rectangular clip/harness, my speaker buddy clipped the head connection off of the small rectangualr harness & connected them(wires) and then connected the two long clips together. This may be totally different than non premium sound though.

Still got nothin... I wired the HU in my room to make sure it works, and its all good. But still get nothin in the truck. Very annoyed.......

The 95 still has a factory amp for the low level speakers also I think....You might have to still bypass one.

The "adapter" you are connecting to the factory speaker wires doesn't turn on the amp in the back. You need to bypass that, or get it powered on it looks like.

Bypass will deliver much better sound, but you can also connect the remote wire of the amp to the remote wire on your new HU.

Would you happen to know which wire is used to turn the amp on? (from the factory harness)

Back