• Register Today It's free!

NO start

2001AWD5.0

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie B
Hello everyone hope everyone is doing OK.
I got a problem came home Friday went to use my explorer eb.
(specs 5.0 (302) auto AWD 199400 miles Eddie Bayer)
I started it and it started and died I went and slammed the rear hatch to jar fp (I have done this before on this truck and a cougar i had and it worked) tried again same thing now all it will do is crank no fire. When I went to the fuel rail gas just barely sprayed out of the shadier valve. I couldn't hear the fuel pump when I turned the key on.
I thought it was the Fuel Pump I pulled it and it was replaced under warranty. ( thanks to you all for telling me where to open the floor before to replace it almost 4 yrs ago). Still wont start I sprayed carburetor cleaner into the intake still no start, it don't sound like its trying to hit. I'm thinking its electrical now. I just don't know where to start. I work alone i don't have any helpers to help crank and check under hood.
please help thank you.

Update
got a friend from work to come over and was able to listen to see if fuel pump was running ( it is ) then pulled a plug wire and inserted a plug to check for fire and it started. Now I have been driving it every day from Tuesday till today when it decided not to start where I couldn't get help after sitting over an hr trying to start it. It finally started and got home.

Back