• Register Today It's free!

no voltage to o2 sensors

greasemonkeync

Reaction score
City, State
western North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer xlt 4.0 4x4
HELP!!!!!!!!! I have a 1997 explorer 4.0L that i just bought. I found out that the truck had the wrong mass airflow meter, and it also ran like crap. I changed the maf and no change in how it ran. I cleared the maf code and drove it on jacks to get another code. The cel came back on with lean codes bank 1 and 2. I connected the obdll scanner and noticed all of the three o2 sensors showed no voltage ant all of the fuel trim % are (-100%). What are the chances that all 3 o2 sensors are bad? Do i have a bad engine control module? What sends power to the heated o 2 sensors and how do i test???

which engine?

Do you have the OHV V6 or the SOHC V6? If you have the SOHC V6 this link may help: Lean condition procedure

If there was no voltage to the O2 sensors then there should be corresponding trouble codes and the PCM would stay in open loop. Some scanners are unable to read the fuel trims and O2 voltages. The PCM is fairly reliable and probably not the source of your trouble.

If I remember correctly there is a fuse in the cabin or under the hood that is for the 02 sensors.

Back