• Register Today It's free!

no wipers or stereo

joshtypesn

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer 4x4
I was driving the other day and inadvertently hit a speed bump pretty hard, immediately my stereo lost all power and my windshield wipers, all speeds, and spray have no more power. Any idea what this could be. Please help, Florida rains can be daily and large.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wiper problem

Check the wiper "relay". I once had a wiper that worked for a short time, stop and start again. Geased motor and solved problem. Relay cutting out. You may have jared relay lose.

Where is this specific relay located?

Thanks for all the help....I checked all fuses and relays, everything seems to be ok in that area...I think it may be a component which controls both the power to stereo and wipers as those are the only two items not working right now. Could this be the GEM? I am not sure if the GEM is what controls these things.

The GEM has nothing to do with the Radio/Stereo. Check the 95-Ex-Electrical-Diagrams-All
link I posted. It's 792 pages in length and contains all the electrical schematics for your truck, you can download this file as a PDF if you like.

wipper problem

The relays are in the fuse panel. A little silver or black box. There is also circuit breakers under the hood in the electrical distibution box. Is the radio original? If not, someone could have changed feed wire to radio on same circuit as wipper.. Had a truck once. Someone install flood lights . Use fuse to electrical fuel pump for conection. Hit a bump and truck shut off. Turns out that the wire was wedged between fuse clips and bent them. Lost conection when hit bump. Check for tight fuse clips

Good luck

Found a wire with some missing insulation, shorting out on the floor pan. This was the whole problem...

Good for you.. Had to be something simple.....

Back