• Register Today It's free!

noise in turns

mgmgmg

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 LTD '10 LTD V8
So I have noise and vibration in the steering wheel while turning speeds around 5 to 10 mph. This happens well acceleration too. I have 25k on her. I feel the vibration/rubbing in turns. It's only in turns. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be the bearings in the Hub Assembly if its a grinding sound, bad CV joint, or brake system has broken parts....

get to the shop soon

CV Boots PS bellows have no rips... I'm leaning towards bad CV joint. Could I have a bad CV joint without boots going bad first?

CV Boots PS bellows have no rips... I'm leaning towards bad CV joint. Could I have a bad CV joint without boots going bad first?

Its possible. My wife had it happen on her Camry.

And your sure it not a bearing? The reason I ask is what you describe it exactly what a bearing will do when its going out.

Just to add.... The sound is a whirling sound. kinda a hollow sound.. Ill bring it to ford on tuesday. Just wanted to know before i bring it to ford... Thanks all!

Just to add.... The sound is a whirling sound. kinda a hollow sound.. Ill bring it to ford on tuesday. Just wanted to know before i bring it to ford... Thanks all!

Keep us posted on how things go on Tuesday, mgmgmg. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you need me to step in and help. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Update

Found out my front tires were cupped. Had them the rotated.... I really didnt think that was the issue so I had a tech guy ride with me and took him to where i drive and NO noise? There was some noise but it was coming from the back since i had them rotated. But barely.. I feel kinda stupid cup tires would cause this? I would have rotated them myself. Cost me $93.45.... $68.50 to inspect and $25 for rotation. The tech guy did explain to me that the large 18" wheels do amplify noise more then a 15" wheel. He also increased the tire pressure 2-3 psi more. The inspection was in detail of front end.

Back