O/D light flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D light flashing

alpar80

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer
I had an o/d off light flash at me followed by a check engine, ran the dtc and it came up wit pressure solenoid "b" faulty. Replaced the solenoid pack and filter. Filled up with merc V and still same prob. Does the comp need so many miles to reset itself with the new part? Or is my tranny going to be toast? No major probs noted except some slippage between 1st and 2nd gears.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year and transmission? You either have broken overdrive band or overdrive servo piston. It will set a P0775 Solenoid B malfunction whenever it has reached the maximum pressure allowed to make a shift. Everybody replaces the solenoid pack which is never the problem. If you use a Ford scanner it will give the other associated transmissions codes which are probably P0732 and P0735.

........ If you use a Ford scanner it will give the other associated transmissions codes which are probably P0732 and P0735.

Curious, has Ford made the code-catching process "double-edged" on purpose, you think, or just a quirk that aftermarket code-readers will not come up with the added codes? imp

Many transmission and transfer case codes are only available to dedicated readers. Most parts store readers only give very supperficial codes.

2003 explorer with 5R55S Tranny.... So it looks like i will be replacing the tranny or perhaps not using overdrive.?

Back