O2 - Bank 1, Sensor 2 Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O2 - Bank 1, Sensor 2 Question

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Well, I got my 0141 code again today for the 4th time in two weeks, so I guess that O2 needs replacing. I would love to replace all of them now, but money is a little tight.

Okay, now my stupid questions. To start, how many and where are the O2s on my '96 V8? I know, LUTFT, but the truck is HOT right now, and since I am asking questions, just thought I would ask. Second, can someone explain, in simple terms, the Bank X, Sensor X system? I need Bank 1, Sensor 2..........what does that mean?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bored.gif

I was going to post earlier, but I don't really know the answer to your question. (this will serve as a bump) But I can say that I seem to remember a thread here in the past about what Bank x and sensor y meant. I know you've probably got 4 O2 sensors on your truck, 2 upstream (before cat) and 2 downstream (after cat). Sorry I can't help you more, perhaps those with 2nd gens an OBD II can...

p.s. LUTFT. hehe. And if the pipe is hot, pft, get one of those cooking mittens to wear!!

so where exactly is this o2 sensor? my moms just popped this code and her cel is on solid

Bank # refers to which side of the engine its on. Bank 1 is on the side with Cyl 1. Sensor # refers to where it is in line. Sensor 1 is closest to the engine, so Sensor 2 would be the one after the cat.

code 0141 says bank 1 sensor 2 so this is the passenger sensor after cat?

code 0141 says bank 1 sensor 2 so this is the passenger sensor after cat?
Yes, this is true. As was stated, bank 1 is the bank that includes the #1 cylinder, which is the passenger side on both the Ford V-6 and V-8.

Back