O2 Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O2 Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 Location

whalensdad

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
I haven't found any pictures or specific location for the Bank 2 Sensor 2 O2 Sensor location on a 2005 v6 Explorer XLT. Can some one tell me specifically where it is located? I know it is downstream of the cat, but not specifically where I should be looking. Since I think there are multiple O2 sensors I need to make sure I'm replacing the correct one. Thanks!

I haven't found any pictures or specific location for the Bank 2 Sensor 2 O2 Sensor location on a 2005 v6 Explorer XLT. Can some one tell me specifically where it is located? I know it is downstream of the cat, but not specifically where I should be looking. Since I think there are multiple O2 sensors I need to make sure I'm replacing the correct one. Thanks!
@whalensdad
There are 4 O2 sensors, 2 per side. They are located at the ends of the cat converters, 1 before, 1 after. You can't miss 'em, wires come out of them. The sensors on the PASSENGER side are called "Bank 1", DRIVER side "Bank 2". The sensors up front, closest to the engine are #1, on both sides. The sensors farthest from the engine are #2, on both sides. Bank is called out first, always.

Therefore your Bank 2 Sensor 2 is the driver side sensor, farthest from the engine. Sometimes, the words are left out, as "O2 Sensor, 2-1". Help any? imp

@whalensdad
There are 4 O2 sensors, 2 per side. They are located at the ends of the cat converters, 1 before, 1 after. You can't miss 'em, wires come out of them. The sensors on the PASSENGER side are called "Bank 1", DRIVER side "Bank 2". The sensors up front, closest to the engine are #1, on both sides. The sensors farthest from the engine are #2, on both sides. Bank is called out first, always.

Therefore your Bank 2 Sensor 2 is the driver side sensor, farthest from the engine. Sometimes, the words are left out, as "O2 Sensor, 2-1". Help any? imp
PO174 Lean bank 2 . Which one could be the issue up stream or down stream?

Thanks for the information I will start there.

Back