OBX headers are back on ebay | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBX headers are back on ebay

Got mine for $549 total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have seen them as low as $408 when they first came out a few weeks ago.

Yea if you watch this guy he is notorious for rasing and lowering the price like every 2 days.If no one buys them for his high price he seems to drop it.

So I bit the bullet and bought a set of OBX header. I tried to fit it to a set of trick flows that I have kicking around and the joint where the tubes go into the collector hits the side of the head. I am sure I can grind on the head to make it fit but has anyone else had any issues?

I had the same issue with TW heads so I bought some 5/8" spacers that go between the headers and the heads. Not sure about fitment issues yet, the engine is still on the engine stand for another week until I swap it out for my tired 5.0. I did wrap some of the header tubes to keep from burning the plug wires.

I had the same issue with TW heads so I bought some 5/8" spacers that go between the headers and the heads. Not sure about fitment issues yet, the engine is still on the engine stand for another week until I swap it out for my tired 5.0. I did wrap some of the header tubes to keep from burning the plug wires.
Good luck. Word is the chinabay ones already hit the booster. Also based on my real ones the passenger side will try to occupy the same real estate as the engine mount with any kind of spacer that'll push them out and down

Not to beat a dead horse more, but I think the number of TM and OBX threads already shows it's been pulped pretty good.

I was dealing with replacing my oil pressure sensor yesterday, and that little SOB is hard to get to. I'll tell anyone searching for that online, remove the radiator hose from the water pump, that was the best path to it.

While trying to reach the oil filter adapter bolt(I started trying to remove that(don't)), I looked at the left manifold again, as I've done many times. But this time my only thought was how to fit a log manifold. From looking at it, and a GT40X head I have available, I'm fairly sure a log manifold can be made which will easily install on the left, by first removing the steering shaft.

From what I see, I will make a manifold that has the two front ports(5/6) come out nicely and merge going back around the outside of the steering shaft. The rear two ports(7/8) will come down quickly and back together, below the steering shaft. The two pipes can come together well in the big pocket behind the steering shaft. So in the end it won't look exactly like a simple log manifold, but more like two pairs going into two short log pipes, meeting before the collector.

I also looked at it again from below when installing my front diff/carrier for my Mercury. There is more space where the collector is than people think. The factory collector connection, ball flange contraption, that thing is huge compared to the tiny 2 1/8" outlet opening. I know there is space there for a 2.5" collector(the pipe itself), and maybe a 3" pipe. I'm going to install V-band clamps, which don't add much size outside of the pipes there.

I know everyone wants a stock replacement part, to work with all other stock replacement parts. But car enthusiasts learn and know when to trash the stock stuff, the designs or just certain features, to make things better. My point is that any decent exhaust shop could install a V-band clamp connection to any weldable pipes. Now many people know those shops are full of sloppy workmanship, so it isn't as simple as trusting any of them and know it'll be done right.

If anyone could get a log manifold made, you should do it without the OEM ball connection, even move it slightly to fit the available space better. Have it made with a simple V-band connection(they aren't cheap and have to be welded to both pipes), so you end up with a solid connection that should not leak and last for ages.

Someone else should do it and make it to fit the stock heads and use 2.25 or 2.5" collector pipes. Send them to some exhaust maker to replicate. Then anyone could buy those for way less than these contraptions which are talked about to death and cost way too much and don't fit well.

Just my rant today about so much effort spent on stock application low performance high dollar parts. Regards,

My OBX headers showed up today so if I'm not to busy at work tomorrow I'll get them installed.

Good luck. Word is the chinabay ones already hit the booster. Also based on my real ones the passenger side will try to occupy the same real estate as the engine mount with any kind of spacer that'll push them out and down

This is all going into my ranger so I'll see by Tuesday how well everything fits since my engine doesn't sit exactly where an Explorer 5.0 sits. If I have to I can always put my FRPP Explorer headers back on...

The guy that has the 3 listings for the headers on ebay denies that hes the one with all 3 listings yet, for some reason They will all be on sale this weekend for up to 10% yet there not the same person... yeah right....

I messaged the guy about getting a better price since hes just price gouging and he sold some of the headers in the beginning of February for only 368, thats almost less then half. He said he could not honor that price since it was "old stock" even though its on the same listing.

Guys a crook and is not friendly at all.

The guy that has the 3 listings for the headers on ebay denies that hes the one with all 3 listings yet, for some reason They will all be on sale this weekend for up to 10% yet there not the same person... yeah right....

I messaged the guy about getting a better price since hes just price gouging and he sold some of the headers in the beginning of February for only 368, thats almost less then half. He said he could not honor that price since it was "old stock" even though its on the same listing.

Guys a crook and is not friendly at all.

Yes and i noticed they are all based out of CALI.I wonder if eBay has rules about how many user accounts you are allowed to have ? Old stock is sooooo funny ! He was out of stock for like a year or something LOL.Then all the listings show up in a couple days.Oh man.Its so funny when you can see something and you know its there but the other person cant see it.

Ok 98 merc. I got my newer vehicle. Either complete disassembly starts. Or, I start parting it out next weekend. I have an upper intake which was sonic cleaned last summer, I have a lower intake available with the phenolic spacer. Of course the TMH'S that will be pulled, media blasted and I will spray with a ceramic coating. So any one still interested in any parts? Axles, new magnaflow exhaust? Let me know by pm.

Ok 98 merc. I got my newer vehicle. Either complete disassembly starts. Or, I sell her complete for 1200. I have an upper intake which was sonic cleaned last summer, I have a lower intake available with the phenolic spacer. Of course the TMH'S that will be pulled, media blasted and I will spray with a ceramic coating. So any one still interested in any parts? Axles, new magnaflow exhaust? Let me know by pm.

Ok 98 merc. I got my newer vehicle. Either complete disassembly starts. Or, I sell her complete for 1200. I have an upper intake which was sonic cleaned last summer, I have a lower intake available with the phenolic spacer. Of course the TMH'S that will be pulled, media blasted and I will spray with a ceramic coating. So any one still interested in any parts? Axles, new magnaflow exhaust? Let me know by pm.

Hey thanks for the notice.You should just list the stuff in the for sale section.Its more then i am looking to spend at this time.I will be looking in a year most likely.You will sell the headers fast.

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to "finally" install my OBX headers on Big White this week. What is the best gasket (I'm reading the ones included by OBX are not the best) to use between the block and headers? I've read some people have had leak problems by using substandard gaskets and I'd rather spend a bit more and not have to worry about it for a long time to come.

What eBay coupon did you use?

They had a coupon for one day Spring20 If I remember right. Blk2kxlt have you tried them? I mean what other options do we have? Even if it takes a little modification I'm ok with that. Mine are going on my 99 sas project.

Why not just buy the real torquemonsters. Then you have a high quality product. Yes its more, but they are better quality (And coated).

And, if you have an issue they are American made and you have a guy you can email and/or talk to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

... if you have an issue they are American made and you have a guy you can email and/or talk to.

These days how long does it take to contact him, and then to get a result? I'm still amazed at how long the time has been to make contact and get the product. If I ran a business which could get that kind of profit, I'd have more people working than needed, to keep up with demand. The price is appropriate for a custom made header, but not one mass produced(experts with exact jigs for perfect duplication, best tools and work space etc). The profit on the Chinese knock-offs has to be even more huge, given the cheap labor and transportation costs.

Back