off road lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

off road lights?

Ok ive read thread after thread, searched too, i cant find what i want. I just got my explorer's bumper up front right and also got my brush guard on, now i want to get 2 off road lights in that brush guard, im not really turned on by round lights because i think they kinda clash with the headlights. Does anybody have recommendations on some bright rectangle lights? Id rather them be medium sized, yet very bright. Price is not an issue, please lead me in the right direction guys. . thanks, feel free to show me some pics of your own, round lights too..

Attachments

• IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 468

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was planning on getting rectangular lights as well (I thought round lights would clash). But I went with some Hella 500s and they look good to me..

Btw check out Hella 500 thread for some good info and pics..

18205Cape_2005.jpg

yeah hey those dont look bad at all...do they light up the night pretty well?

I have them and i am very happy with them, plus there pretty cheap. They work well for a front bumper light. they light up a lot of area.

nice thanks for the link, i think that is the way im gonna go!

HOLY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

Yeah im not spending 1K on lights :) but it did get me in the right direction.

These were the ones i was thinking of. They are around $200 I think. I wouldnt spend 1K on lights but thats just me :p:

The 69 series

24-a1x1.gif

These were the ones i was thinking of. They are around $200 I think. I wouldnt spend 1K on lights but thats just me :p:

The 69 series

24-a1x1.gif

those are what i ordered :) got them from Kragens for 139.99 plus tax

nice, cant wait to see pics of them on your x! I have round lights but i like the look of the 6x9s.

I'll post the pics when i get them on.....Im so stoked right now, got a new set of lights for the front of my truck, and a new set of headlights for the ole lady in the same week....dont know which one is gonna be the most fun! :rolleyes:

I dont know if it would discolor the reflector but, there is a 130watt bulb also available if you find the 100 watts is not enough.
I use the clear 130 watt KC bulbs in my PIAA 80(580) lights.
Just a thought.....

I dont know if it would discolor the reflector but, there is a 130watt bulb also available if you find the 100 watts is not enough.
I use the clear 130 watt KC bulbs in my PIAA 80(580) lights.
Just a thought.....

I might go that route, is there a significant difference in the light produced?

About 30% more.;)

I think it might make a difference in what kind of light you are adding the 30% more watts to. I dont know about the KC but I do know it makes a difference in the PIAA 80's.
I dont think my wife would notice the difference, but I do.
On the other hand, if your satisfied with the performance of the 100 watt bulbs, let it be.

well i returned the rectangle lights, they wouldnt fit inside of my brush guard, so i got these off of ebay, they are dick cepek 130W roundies, They are serious bright, they put off heat at 30+ feet! I like em :p: whatcha yall think?

Attachments

• explorerwithlights.jpg
    explorerwithlights.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 411
  • explorerwithlights2.jpg
    explorerwithlights2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 331

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice :bounce: Too bad the grill guard wasn't wider to balance things out with the track with of those seriously wide tires. Did you wire them up to the high beam stalk or just a switch?

Back