Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

APIM Troubleshoot

is there a way I can confirm that problem is with the APIM or only ford can?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there a way I can confirm that problem is with the APIM or only ford can?

You already have, by pulling termianls & fuse, you basically tested out that
it wont respnd to anything.
Re bkup cam bad-it would only be black when in Reverse if it was only the cam-the rest of the time
the screen would be active.
Make an appt with your dealer and likely it will need to be replaced.
...maybe a different dealer...?

1. Bug
2. 2012 XLT Explorer , MFT w/o Nav
3. ~ 45,000
4. 3.6.2
5. MFT goes blank and unresponsive for about 1 day every week !!!! sometimes I need to unplug the black plug on the battery to resolve this issue. I have iPhone 5 with lateset software v 8 connected via bluetooth .

I asked an expert on DVD screens and said this is an IC problem in my MFT!! but how is it running till now ... should be completely off if the rason is IC ? I don't know but the problem is very annoying :(

1. Bug
3. ~ 45,000
4. 3.6.2
5. MFT goes blank and unresponsive for about 1 day every week !!!! sometimes I need to unplug the black plug on the battery to resolve this issue. I have iPhone 5 with lateset software v 8 connected via bluetooth .

I asked an expert on DVD screens and said this is an IC problem in my MFT!! but how is it running till now ... should be completely off if the rason is IC ? I don't know but the problem is very annoying :(

It could be a software or hardware issue. A dealer would be able to diagnosis it. Either way the APIM is covered under a 5 year warranty so it should be no cost to you....emphasis on should.

1. Bug
3. ~ 45,000
4. 3.6.2

Go to a dealer and request a replacement. I was waiting for new one for about 3 weeks, but I'm in Canada...

Thanks to you all...
I arranged an appointment with the dealer and I hope they figure out the problem or at least they replace it ASAP ...

1. Bug?
2. 2015 XLT Explorer , MFT w/o Nav
3. ~ 3000
4. 3.7.11
5. MFT gives message that it has lost connection to the touch screen. I have no audio whatsoever...not even the beep that happens with all the controls. I tried a system reset with no luck...it deleted my phone and all other settings. I tried pairing my phone again with no luck...my phone won't find sync/mft. I have an iphone 5s with iOS 8.3. Anyone have a suggestion? I have an appt. at the dealer since the vehicle is basically brand new...just didn't want to wait 5 days!

1. Bug?
3. ~ 3000
4. 3.7.11
5. MFT gives message that it has lost connection to the touch screen. I have no audio whatsoever...not even the beep that happens with all the controls. I tried a system reset with no luck...it deleted my phone and all other settings. I tried pairing my phone again with no luck...my phone won't find sync/mft. I have an iphone 5s with iOS 8.3. Anyone have a suggestion? I have an appt. at the dealer since the vehicle is basically brand new...just didn't want to wait 5 days!

Thats a new one on me. Sounds like the display is bad. This is what warranty is for though.

Wait are you getting a message on the screen or a voice message? Just read you can't pair your phone....that sounds more like an APIM problem.

1. Bug
3. ~ 45,000
4. 3.6.2

Just keep in mind that if they determine is not the APIM like the LCD screen, you are on the hook for the bill. The LCD screen is not included in the APIM warranty.

Just keep in mind that if they determine is not the APIM like the LCD screen, you are on the hook for the bill. The LCD screen is not included in the APIM warranty.

He is under warranty

Thats a new one on me. Sounds like the display is bad. This is what warranty is for though.

Wait are you getting a message on the screen or a voice message? Just read you can't pair your phone....that sounds more like an APIM problem.

The message is on the dashboard screen...the touch screen wont do anything related to the Entertainment section or the Phone section. I tried pairing it again, but my phone's bluetooth won't find Sync as an option. The climate and compass screen (I don't have Nav) work fine, as does the settings, I just have no entertainment or phone and no sound (except for the back-up camera...that beeps like normal).

Vehicles with MyFord Touch have a five-year, unlimited-mile warranty, while the MyLincoln Touch have a six-year, unlimited-mile warranty. Previously, the systems were covered under basic warranties (three-year, 36,000-mile for Ford and four-year, 60,000-miles for Lincoln).

Ford does only say MFT in whole not separating APIM from LCD which means everything is covered.

Vehicles with MyFord Touch have a five-year, unlimited-mile warranty, while the MyLincoln Touch have a six-year, unlimited-mile warranty. Previously, the systems were covered under basic warranties (three-year, 36,000-mile for Ford and four-year, 60,000-miles for Lincoln).

Ford does only say MFT in whole not separating APIM from LCD which means everything is covered.

That coverages specifically states APIM not MFT

From Ford when I log in:
FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

This Focus Owner had to pay $1,100 because their touchscreen was draining their battery
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-tsb-recall-problems-archive/521257-mft-draining-battery.html

Hey Ford reps what do you include into MFT then? soft only?

Hey Everyone,

The APIM warranty extension is specific to software updates and APIM replacement only; it does not cover any additional hardware.

The message is on the dashboard screen...the touch screen wont do anything related to the Entertainment section or the Phone section. I tried pairing it again, but my phone's bluetooth won't find Sync as an option. The climate and compass screen (I don't have Nav) work fine, as does the settings, I just have no entertainment or phone and no sound (except for the back-up camera...that beeps like normal).

jverfuss,

If you have performed a master reset and the issue is still present, I recommend scheduling an appointment with your dealer.

Here are the master reset instructions if you'd like to try it again: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

I hope this helps.

Whitney

Yes get it in and let the dealer fix it. Could be a bad APIM, a bad screen or just a bad connection between the two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Bug?
3. ~ 3000
4. 3.7.11

My two cents are either disconnct battery overnight or find fuse for MFT in manual and pull it out for some extended period.
Its unlikely to have any effect but who knows, at least you tried...

Back