Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

CD player - pulsing sound

I have a 2013 Explorer Sport w/ premium sound (not Sony), all the MFT and such.

When I play a CD (any CD), the sound PULSES, a bit like a hiccup, but softer. It happens every 4 or 5 seconds, I guess, but irregular. It's not easy to notice unless you listen to a disc with quieter sections, but I can hear it ALL THE TIME. It does not happen with Sirius, FM, A/V in, or any other time. It's quite unnerving. Has anyone else heard this pulsing?

It was bad enough I had to drop Sirius as the sound quality of that was so downsampled, like listening to a low-quality MP3. The highs are so brittle, it is unlistenable to me. (Harkens back to the days of AM radio through an in-dash speaker.) XM radio, which I was running with a car/home unit through an FM modulator on my 2003 Explorer, sounded a lot better. I noticed the same Sirius quality issue on my wife's new Mercedes. Different satellites/systems between XM and Sirius and Sirius is awful. So now, I run a portable XM unit into my A/V in and it's decent, same as my 2003 Explorer w/ FM modulator.

Then there is the Ipod issue through the USB cable>Ipod cable. First thing I did when I test drove is checked it. It skips constantly, but I am guessing that's because it tries to catalog my iPod every time I plug it. Since I have a 60GB iPod (and it's FULL w/ just music), that could take a long long long time. So, I run that through the A/V In as well.

The long and short, for all the technology, my best solution is the analog RCA jacks. The CD thing is a PISSER though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may have stumbled on an issue with v3.6.2 with iPhone Bluetooth audio.

When listening to music through Bluetooth audio connection you can see a GUI both on the main MFT 8" screen and as well the DIC right screen which will display the entertainment SOURCE.

If you hit the steering wheel right OK button to select Bluetooth Audio in the DIC its supposed to show a screen that shows the song and how far along the song has played.

When I hit right steering wheel OK button to get this screen it disconnects the Bluetooth audio connection between MFT and the iPhone, displays a graphic on the main MFT screen showing that its trying to re-establish a Bluetooth connection and I must manually reconnect.

Anyone else having this experience?

FYI for IVT

just installed the latest on mine - I guess 3.6? could never get it to be available on Syncmyride.com - so Ford sent me the USB. Install went off without a hitch - but now on Syncmyride.com, it won't let be record the successful install - just says that my EXP is already "up to date" - and shows my last install at November 2012 - is there a workaround for this?

iOS 7.0.4

iPhone 5

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens on my side.

just installed the latest on mine - I guess 3.6? could never get it to be available on Syncmyride.com - so Ford sent me the USB. Install went off without a hitch - but now on Syncmyride.com, it won't let be record the successful install - just says that my EXP is already "up to date" - and shows my last install at November 2012 - is there a workaround for this?

If you run a Vehicle Health Report, it'll update your SYNC account with version 3.6.2. Shoot me a private message if you need help.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch

Rebecca

I'll try to reproduce it, Sgt1411. Which iOS are you on?

Rebecca

Have you had a chance to try and replicate?

If not I could always send you a short video file.

Please send me a short video. I cannot reproduce it, but I want to try one more thing before I say that for sure.

Rebecca

Just checking did you get the video I sent you via PM?

Figured I'd post this here as well. Very frustrated at this point. I just paid $48,200 cash After old car being upside down, 6yr Warranty and Tire and wheel. This system is far from worthy...

2014 XLT
450 miles
202A with Voice Nav

I like music and that's one thing I was looking forward to is playing it from my phone and since ford can't seem to step up and give us applink had to settle for what seems like 20th century features. We'll whenever I play iTunes Radio or pandora either over Bluetooth or USB it randomly just stops playing all together or constantly pauses. Hell my wife's phone just says no playable media when she plugs it in so hers doesn't even work at all. We both have ios7 mines a 5s hers is a 5c.

Anyone else have this issue? Starting to think I just should have bought a Kia the way this crap works....

1. Feature (rear view camera)
2. XLT 202A; Nav, liftgate, Tow and BLIS
3. 1500 miles
4. MFT version 4.30 (?..I think but I don't know how to find it)
5. Add a poke point to make the rear view camera a mirror image. A mirror image just works better for driving in reverse with the camera based on the way some people's brains are wired.

And, if towing...
5a. Add an additional and seperate poke point to mirror image the camera when in reverse in tow mode. Setting it seperate from the camera in normal can compensate for the 'opposite direction' steering when backing a trailer.

5b. Add a feature to inspect the towing connection (zoomed) and/or trailer using the rear view camera while not in Reverse. I can see less of my trailier with the 5th generation Explorer than I could with the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Explorers. This 'inspection' mode would be very useful even if only displayed for a few seconds. This features would best be activated, of course, through a voice command.

1. Feature
2. XLT 202A; Nav, liftgate, Tow and BLIS
3. 1500 miles
4. MFT version 4.30 (?..I think but I don't know how to find it)
5. Add a single chime (using the same circuitry as the Cross-traffic alert but not nearly so irritating) when the turn signal is activated while the BLIS is activated on the same side.

Light and traffic conditions sometimes make it hard to pick-up the BLIS activated LED on the side view mirror. Adding a chime when the turn signal is activated while BLIS is activated on that side will add one more level of security when changing lanes in traffic.

1. Feature
2. Ltd, fully featured
3. 55 000 miles
4. MFT version 3.6.2

Please enable the radio to be tuned even frequencies too. In US and CA all radio stations have only uneven frequencies ( i.e. 100.3, 93.5, etc). But in the rest of the world also even frequencies are used.
So please enable the radio to be tuned on even frequencies (101.2, 99.6, etc) too. Not all Explorers are driven in US and CAN only.
Maybe with a software switch to turn that function on or off in the system settings.

in new release I would love to have speed and elevation on navigation screen
Ability to add your destination by coordinates would be great as well

Sometimes my phone doesn't connect...other times it does. I will be calling dealer end of week for appt for this and the remote start issue

Sometimes my phone doesn't connect...other times it does. I will be calling dealer end of week for appt for this and the remote start issue

Which phone do you have, pup5581?

Rebecca

I did a quick search on this thread, didn't this exact feature request, but when I bluethooth stream audio from my phone, the main screen pics up the artist/song/podcast info. Is there any technical reason why the small screen by the speedometer doesn't show this info? Can this be a feature?

Old Problem... Black Screen

I might not be in the right spot to post this. but My Screen has been black for at least a month now and unplugin the battery or removing fuse 29 did not do anythning to get SYNC to reboot..

What could be the problem. I've read a few place about APIM . what is it exactly and what does it do... could it be the problem that my screen won't boot up?.

desperate now... Ford told me screen is blank because of my backup camera is not working.. I tend to not beleive that.

any help would be appreciate.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might not be in the right spot to post this. but My Screen has been black for at least a month now and unplugin the battery or removing fuse 29 did not do anythning to get SYNC to reboot..

What could be the problem. I've read a few place about APIM . what is it exactly and what does it do... could it be the problem that my screen won't boot up?.

desperate now... Ford told me screen is blank because of my backup camera is not working.. I tend to not beleive that.

any help would be appreciate.
Thanks.

Your APIM is convered under a 5 yr/unlimited mileage warranty. If it is an APIM problem it will be covered. If it is a screen problem then it won't.

Back