• Register Today It's free!

Oil in intake hose!?

Redmanff

Reaction score
City, State
Roscoe, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I need a little help please from anyone. I have been losing quite a bit of oil and my explorer has been idling rough lately. I noticed today that I had a lot of oil in my intake hose from the maf sensor all the way in to the intake. I dont know where this could be coming from--the only 2 options I can think of are the PCV valve or the hose off the oil filler cap. My oil in the crankcase seems to have a foamy residue lately also? Can anyone help? Thanks

Redman

oil in the hose

I would also check your coolant too to see if there is oil in it. I would do a compression check on the engine. It maybe blowing oil pass the rings or the valve guides. Does the oil have a gray color to it? That would mean coolant is getting into the oil = blowin headgasket. Have you noticed poor performance rough idle?
Hope this gives you some help...........

I would asume that you have allready checked the oil level and found it to not be overfilled. I had the exact same problem with mine, and too much oil made it out of the pcv valve and cost me a new MAF ( cleaning it with carb cleaner did no good ) I then cleaned all the oil residure out of the air intake and cleaned the MAP sensore since it got some **** into it too. then a good cleaning of the intake system with some O2 sensor safe cleaner combined with the new MAF cured the problem of on and off rough idle and Check engine light.

Back