Oil pressure gauge shows no oil pressure!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil pressure gauge shows no oil pressure!!

I have the same issue with my 2000 4.0 xlt. in the summer its fine but now that its in the 40s its starting to occur again. everything seems to be fine but it still freaks me out. it has to be a sensor issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am sure many people have mentioned it however i will mention it also to make this fixer easy to find. The Oil pressure sensor is nothing more than a dummy gauge. If there is pressure it's there, if not it does not. Keep in mind a bad sensor can show incorrect pressure reading. Best suggestion is to put a actual gauge in there. I have heard of people using on that just threads in and some say to link it inside the truck. I am going to go hunting and see if i can find a gauge that shows oil pressure but has a stock look. I will of course get into the instrument cluster pull the dummy and replace with a smart one.

The last sender that was sending a continuous electrical signal was in 1984-85. I did buy a Ford F-150 sender, but the gauge that is now in the Explorer needs to be modified too (has an extra resistor inside).

5971586_bwd_s334_pri_larg.jpg

The last sender that was sending a continuous electrical signal was in 1984-85. I did buy a Ford F-150 sender, but the gauge that is now in the Explorer needs to be modified too (has an extra resistor inside).

5971586_bwd_s334_pri_larg.jpg

Pretty sure all you have to do is install a jumper over the resister and install a proper pressure sender. This will change the factory "fake" oil pressure gauge into a functioning one.

Seems to me there is a thread here somewhere...

Back