OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

Something sounds fishy about drober30's order. I started noticing very quick VIN # turnarounds from people posting here who ordered in April. I order April 12 and thanks to Seni found out my VIN # on April 18. If you have reconfirmed that your order was placed with Seni, I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer?

It must have to be the dealer. Seni confirms my order then refers me to my dealer for the best information.

My dealer/sales manager willingly states he knows nothing in regards to the Explorer orders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really wonder how many of these order issues can be traced back to the dealership. I do know that there were factory holds on, but some of the wait times I've seen have been absolutely ludicrous. In those cases, I'm wondering if maybe the dealer didn't actually place the order or have allotment issues that they're not talking about.

I believe same thing, dealer allotment issues. They all play dumb.

I believe same thing, dealer allotment issues. They all play dumb.

That'd be my guess. Although I placed my "order" with the dealer 6 weeks ago, my suspicion is that the order wasn't actually submitted for a full four weeks. No way I'd ever be told that, of course.

That'd be my guess. Although I placed my "order" with the dealer 6 weeks ago, my suspicion is that the order wasn't actually submitted for a full four weeks. No way I'd ever be told that, of course.

I know they placed my order but I believe they placed it as stock order with a priority of 40, it wasn't until I pressured them did it change to Retail Order priority 15.

Still no VIN, but honestly I can go up the road 60 miles and buy almost what I ordered and really am considering an Acadia Denali now because of Ford. I just bought an 2011 F-150 Platinum 2 months ago and I don't like how this Explorer thing has gone down.

Something sounds fishy about drober30's order. I started noticing very quick VIN # turnarounds from people posting here who ordered in April. I order April 12 and thanks to Seni found out my VIN # on April 18. If you have reconfirmed that your order was placed with Seni, I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer?

I ordered on 3/25 still nothing. I can get into Forda ordering system as to my Dad works for Ford. My order showed in system same day it was placed. Went to a different dealer today to purchase a F150 and for a little insight but still don't know why I don't have one seeing one main reason didn't order black or red which their stopping. Also they said way vehicles were stored they have to do last one first out.

Mine has been built since 03/24......still awaiting shipment...go figure:(

Even earlier- built 2/24 still awaiting shipment. Feel the pain.

Ordered 2/2, built 3/15, sync 3/17 ver 2.7
Still sitting in Chicago.

You say "Simmer down" but you make my point for me!

You waited way to long, then switched dealers and received a VIN "the next day" so whats wrong with asking questions 3 weeks after an order has been submitted.

It's story's like yours that have me spooked in the first place.
I waited 7 weeks for a VIn for mine. Just so they could tell me it will be may 2 for my best. build week. Plus another few weeks for delivery. And I'm happy because I know people who ordered theres last year that just got them. If you cant wait another 4 to 6 weeks you probably should try to find something else.

Ford also stated that their Draw Down will take the remainder of the month. They are just having a hard time getting to the older ones that they placed the newer ones behind. Its not easy moving all them trucks. They have about little less than 6,000 waiting to be shipped and trying to add more transportation

My dealer actually let me press the F4 button on his computer to submit the order, so i know when mine went in.

I disagree. Ford is the one who selects the mode of shipment. Ford bears the responsibility for choosing poorly.

Shipping companies are contracted and are union. Ford isn't going to pay to truck a car across half the country, it goes rail, to truck to dealer.

I read an article posted on here about there being 500,000 less rail cars for vehicles on the tracks.. it was in the WSJ. Also mentioned that a lot of the rail cars were not sized for suv's because of the rise in gas prices a couple years ago and the drop in demand for larger vehicles.

End result is the rail companies are bringing more railcars to the rails to transport these vehicles hence why 2/3's of Ford's Explorer backup has already been cleared.

You say "Simmer down" but you make my point for me!

You waited way to long, then switched dealers and received a VIN "the next day" so whats wrong with asking questions 3 weeks after an order has been submitted.

It's story's like yours that have me spooked in the first place.

VIN creations are based on allocation which is a result of your dealer. If your dealer has no allocation left for the month, the VIN will not be created. Your dealer knows what they have available, it's on them if they lie to the customer.

Now to play devils advocate, Ford is the one that created this allocation system.. I don't think it's right and I know many agree that Ford needs to take a new look at it.

And it's not that you started a thread like this to ask questions, it's the attitude that was put into it that bothers me.. Having a title " OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!" when they haven't done anything to you yet nor have been outside of the 6-8 week window. Ford hasn't done anything wrong yet... not to say it won't happen. Seems most orders placed now are being built in a reasonable time and that backlog is clearing so I doubt you'll be waiting longer then 8 weeks as long as your dealer does have the allocation to get your vehicle.

It must have to be the dealer. Seni confirms my order then refers me to my dealer for the best information.

My dealer/sales manager willingly states he knows nothing in regards to the Explorer orders.

Your dealer and Ford CS use the same exact system. One will not know more then the other. Seni is great but I don't like the fact of Ford CS passing the buck on to the dealer.. it's as if they want you to think your dealer has more info and for you to get upset with them.. Why pass the buck when they know that the dealers have no additional info??

Ford also stated that their Draw Down will take the remainder of the month. They are just having a hard time getting to the older ones that they placed the newer ones behind. Its not easy moving all them trucks. They have about little less than 6,000 waiting to be shipped and trying to add more transportation

I was told last Monday that they only have 2,500 left or so to ship, they've moved over 5,000 from the backlog.

I was told last Monday that they only have 2,500 left or so to ship, they've moved over 5,000 from the backlog.

Still sounds like the chances of mine arriving in less than 2 weeks (by 4 May) are slim. As of yesterday, it's still awaiting shipment with no ETA. I have a feeling mine will be # 7,500 of the backlog.

I actually got that info from a Memo that was sent out to Ford Dealerships on 4/18. About the Less than 6,000 and draw-down and other things.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I actually got that info from a Memo that was sent out to Ford Dealerships on 4/18. About the Less than 6,000 and draw-down and other things.

Good deal, Ill believe that over my ex sales manager/scum bag anyday.

Back