ok so did body lift but issue with steering... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ok so did body lift but issue with steering...

994door

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4 Door sohc, 4.0
i finally got around to installing my body lift and it wasnt as bad as i thought. even doing it by myself and no power tools. my only issue is the steering shaft extention. my steering is tight and it sticks when i turn it. all the body mounts line up fine. would a after market steering u-joint solve this in place of the extension. mind u i did have to beat the extension on with a hammer. my that wasnt the best but it still feels like the stock u-joint is on the wrong angle. anything will help thanks. it was the pa 883

flip the extension over? I remember hearing about something like that either on here on in the instructions I had. give it a shot, my extension went on easy. good luck!

does the steering wheel actually stick? doesnt turn itself back? maybe you put it on the wrong way. mine just slipped right on without a problem.-same year too. I would try turning it around. keep in mind it's not going to steer exactly like it did before. It does tighten the steering up a little bit.

Back