• Register Today It's free!

Only got 1" from TT

saging_x

Reaction score
City, State
Northern MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
After Installing procomp aal and war shackle and TT lift. I found that I was only able to lift the driver front about an 1in. Part of my plan of doing this was to get everything equal since I had a Bad Sag. I am 35" from ground to wheel well in the front and 36" in the back. I gained about 3" the back and only 1" in the front. Will the rear settle an inch or so over time or could I get longer bolts for the TT. to get the gain needed to level.

thanks for the help in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont worry i got only half an inch. haha but that is because my passenger side bolt got hit or something and is bent and crooked

I think that in order to get more out of your front end you'll have to take the torsion bars out, reset them... also would have to get longer bolts...

what about adjusters off ebay??? they claim to give you 3" of lift...

I have neen looking at doing shackles and tt on my 00xlt, if you have to replace the bolts can you just take them out, or is there tension on the torsion bars? I keep gettin these images of one flying around and smacking me in the head.

I think that in order to get more out of your front end you'll have to take the torsion bars out, reset them... also would have to get longer bolts...

what about adjusters off ebay??? they claim to give you 3" of lift...

Yes you can get a new key that will re-index the bars to give you the 3" that they claim. But the reason everyone says to only tt for 2" lift is the front axle will wear out faster if you go over 2". If the truck is 2wd then go for it.

That's the way I want to do it - not more than 2" with new shocks as well. OME makes great shocks for second gen...

Back