• Register Today It's free!

Opinion on Seat Belts

Sallad420

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL 4WD
I got into my Ex last night after work, and nticed that my Seatbelt will not stay in the seat belt retainer end (not sure of the real name) the part with the button to release the belt. Anyways, my button on mine will not pop back up. It's like it's pressed in and it's stuck there. I tried wiggling it, but it the buttton just flops back and forth. It's like the spring is broken.

My question, do you reccomend I just go to an auto wreaker and pick up a used seat belt end and install it myself? or, got to Ford and get a brand new one? or is there any aftermarket ones?

My only concern is that seatbelts are a major safety issue, is there anything wrong with doing the install yourself?

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with fitting it yourself but I would recommend new parts only. You have no idea if secondhand seat belt parts are faulty or defective and you'll only find out when it is too late.

I agree new parts only. That peice is very easy to install, its simply bolted into the frame there next to the seat.

Email Torrie at FPN torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com

Thanks guys, I just ordered a new part from Ford. It only cost $50 (CDN) not bad at all.:)

Back