Opinions needed on new wheels/tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions needed on new wheels/tires

Classic IIs or Classic II Locks

Classic II:
classicII.gif

Classic II Lock:
ClassicLock.gif

Also:
I'm getting BFG Mud Terrains, do you think I should go with the white letters in or out with these rims? Keep in mind that my truck is as black as can be. Only non black thing that can be seen from the side is the chrome front bumper.

I really can't decide and I need some opinions!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Classic 11, white letters inside

Very hard to call.
All I can say is the bottom one (picture) looks a little more bling bling because of the 'rivets' around the perimiter, but the rim looks more shiny..

Must my 2.66754 CAD :ca: cents (Adjusted to 2 cent USD)

Classic IIs with white letters out.

JMHO, but "fake-locks" are the offroad equivalent of TYPE-R stickers on a non-type-r car. Stick with the Classic IIs, they are a nice looking wheel on offroad rigs.

White letters in.....................your truck is way to clean to distract that look with white letters.

ps: bmxking5: please trim down your signature a little. Allowable sigs are 6 lines or less (at 800x600)

Robb said:
JMHO, but "fake-locks" are the offroad equivalent of TYPE-R stickers on a non-type-r car. Stick with the Classic IIs, they are a nice looking wheel on offroad rigs.

White letters in.....................your truck is way to clean to distract that look with white letters.

I also argree. My uncle has those exact wheels on his truck (he has 16x10's) and I like them ALOT

Classic II's with white letters out.

redrig said:
Classic II's with white letters out

If you wanted it all black you would have posted black rims...oh and no chrome bumper.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Classic IIs with the blackwall out.

Hartman said:
Right now I'm leaning towards the Classic IIs with the blackwall out.

Why did you ask for our opinions?

LOL...I always think it's funny when ppl ask opinions on here and do what they want anyway....that was the original plan tho....right?

Votes
White out-5
Black out-2

Classic II w/ black out

I just think that the white letters out wouldn't flow as well with my truck considering it is almost all black. The aluminum rims will make enough contrast.

Classic II BLACK out.

classic II, black out, and a partridge in a pear tree

I say the classic II's with white out.
I think off-road vehicles look better with the white letters out.
Sport trucks look better with black out.

Classic II with blackwalls out :thumbsup: or a set of Classic II that have Trail ready beadlocks :smoke: (what I'm planning to go with soon as I hit the lotto or something)

You have to do black out. It will look awesome when the truck is clean and you have the tires all shined up and all you see shining back is black and aluminum. White letters look dumb IMO.

And when did i miss this whole thing of you coming to the darkside after all this time of street truckin????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the simpler design of the standard Classic II's look a lot better than the locks. I say white lettering out. For one thing, it looks awesome when you're driving and the letters are spinning w/ the tire; plus I just think it looks cool. But, I think that with the blacked out theme, blackwall out would look equally sweet. Later.

Back