Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer Limited

luckyfloridian

Reaction score
City, State
Deland Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer Limite
Just to give everyone an update so far....

Ordered Email - 03/11/2022
Scheduled Production Email - 3-25-2022
Being Built Week of May 2, 2022

I even have a VIN. So exciting. So it looks like we are on target for June (That sounds reasonable I think)?

Then we got an email saying it would be built by 4-15-2022

Update!
So it turns out that it was built on 4-12-2022. It shipped and arrived yesterday.
We officially picked it up today. 4/27/2022

6 Weeks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Here's hoping it stays on course.

Peter

I even have a VIN. So exciting. So it looks like we are on target for June (That sounds reasonable I think)?
New Update!

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of April 11, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

New Update!

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of April 11, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.
What options did you get? I ordered mine on Valentine's day, and haven't received a VIN yet.

Ordered email - March 8 , 2022 . Nothing since . 2022 Timberline .

Ordered email - March 8 , 2022 . Nothing since . 2022 Timberline .
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
No Vehicle Order Confirmation or Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement from the dealer?

Peter

I suggest that you contact your salesperson and inquire about those 2 documents. They are proof that the order was received by Ford.

Peter

I suggest that you contact your salesperson and inquire about those 2 documents. They are proof that the order was received by Ford.

Peter
He does have an order number - just talked to him . And I have the email from Ford stating they received the order . Nothing else yet .

What options did you get? I ordered mine on Valentine's day, and haven't received a VIN yet.
My dealer guided me away from certain options like the start/stop which I'm glad they deleted now that I drove one with that option. Also, mud flaps and the heavy duty floor mats. They said that would delay the build and they can install them on site if needed/wanted. I ordered some WeatherTech mats and some seat covers because the family goes camping or mountain biking about 1-2 times/month.

My history is in this post if you want to compare. 2022 Limited 4WD 2.3L. I really wanted the Timberline, but needed the "comfort" options that you can't get on the Timberline (upgraded radio and I think the Co-Pilot Assist 360+ are not available on Timberline).

Then we got an email saying it would be built by 4-15-2022

Update!
So it turns out that it was built on 4-12-2022. It shipped and arrived yesterday.
We officially picked it up today. 4/27/2022

6 Weeks

Did you have any issues with particulr features being removed from the vehicle? If so, will they follow up with correcting the missing items once I assume computer chips are available?
I ask because my Order Sheet states, under Optional Equipment, the following items removed
1652113141830.png

Those are the typical items that are being removed. I believe that once the vehicle is received, you will be given papers acknowledging the missing items and that they will be installed when the parts are available. A member actually posted a signed copy of the form. Click the link in post #10.

Peter

Those are the typical items that are being removed. I believe that once the vehicle is received, you will be given papers acknowledging the missing items and that they will be installed when the parts are available. A member actually posted a signed copy of the form. Click the link in post #10.

Peter
Thank you Peter,

That is a relief, my Ford salesman is very unresponsive...

Peter
i had that as well. i only lost rear hvac controls so it wasnt a huge deal. said it could be up to 6 months on those.

So I ordered mine on May 10/we actually put it in the night before but it was sent to Ford on the 10th

Got the Vin Number May 19th and scheduled date of June 27th

No fancy packages or anything like that, just added red paint to the XLT model.

I'm hoping it gets moved up since it's such a basic build

But how long does it take to build and how long for shipping to Florida as well?

I believe it only takes 1 day to actually build it but there is plenty of 'production' that goes on ahead of time. The "Blend Date" I believe is when the top and bottom parts come together. That time seems to be as fluid as water these days. As for delivery, there is no set time. There are several items that have to come together before the vehicle is shipped. I'm quite sure that they won't be loading just 1 vehicle on a railcar going to Florida.
I would count on perhaps 2 weeks once the build has been completed. You can browse through the existing threads to get an idea.

Peter

I believe it only takes 1 day to actually build it but there is plenty of 'production' that goes on ahead of time. The "Blend Date" I believe is when the top and bottom parts come together. That time seems to be as fluid as water these days. As for delivery, there is no set time. There are several items that have to come together before the vehicle is shipped. I'm quite sure that they won't be loading just 1 vehicle on a railcar going to Florida.
I would count on perhaps 2 weeks once the build has been completed. You can browse through the existing threads to get an idea.

Peter
Thanks Pete. I would love if Ford would send one car down hahahah. But I understand totally. Right now, the Ford tracker just has it sitting at confirmed, which I guess it will probably stay like that until we get a different build date or we get to our build week right?

Just stopped by dealership , talked to my buddy - looks like my build changed again - from May 30th to June 3rd . We'll see what happens .

Thanks Pete. I would love if Ford would send one car down hahahah. But I understand totally. Right now, the Ford tracker just has it sitting at confirmed, which I guess it will probably stay like that until we get a different build date or we get to our build week right?
I believe that it currently means that the order has been received and confirmed. I think the next step may be the 'production' stage. I haven't actually ever used the tracking tool so not too familiar with each concurrent stage. It would likely be in 'production' for some time.
Have a look at this and it may help. I just found it myself. Guide: Understanding and Tracking Your Custom Order - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our order went in on 5/5.
Dealer confirmed on 5/16.
Original build date 6/29, was moved back twice...actually built the week of 7/18.
Scheduled to arrive at dealer between 8/9 and 8/15 - arrived on 8/10.

A pretty base Limited all things considered...only options were sunroof, wheel upgrade and tow package. Lost the rear seat AC/seat heater, and the hands free liftgate due to the chip shortage.

Back