Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today!

THANKS TO SENI!!!!! ETA will be 4/14

Seni,
Thank you so much for looking up my VIN for me today. I ordered my Red Ex Limited with every option on March 12th and now I have a VIN. Thanks again.

Hey guys!

No problem. It is my pleasure! Enjoy your weekend!

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered mine on 3/1, Limited AWD, 302a, moonroof....Ingot Silver/Black Int. Still nothing, no VIN...NADA. :rolleyes:

Ordered 3/7.....order properly processed......hoping for vin# soon!
White limited/light stone interior.

The dealer just told me the build week is 4/18. Ordered on 3/14, received vin#55835 on 3/25. Bronze/pecan limited, 302A, towing, moonroof. It's time to start getting excited.

i spoke with my dealer today since we ordered on 3/4. It isn't even in process for being built yet, but maybe Seni could shed some light on the subject for me. I would like to have something at least completed since we ordered almost a month ago.

I'll tell you what I know about the process. If I understand it right, the first step is for it to get "scheduled" which happens every Thursday. This could have allocations involved and priority and order type is a factor. My order was initially put in as a dealer stock order, type 2 with priority 20 which should have been a type 1 customer order with a higher priority. It was changed and got scheduled the next Thursday, 3/25. The dealer can give you an order confirmation that shows all the details. After it was scheduled, the dealer gave me the VIN# when I called on Tuesday. I sent a PM private message to Seni on Thursday and she responded yesterday morning, 4/1. She said I didn't have any build date yet, but when I called the dealer this morning, they checked and said it showed a build date of 4/18. Of course, that is just Monday of the week it is supposed to be built.

If yours didn't get scheduled two days ago, then hopefully it will happen next Thursday. I would think the dealer could offer some explanation if that hasn't happened yet. Good luck to all of us!

I'll tell you what I know about the process. If I understand it right, the first step is for it to get "scheduled" which happens every Thursday. This could have allocations involved and priority and order type is a factor. My order was initially put in as a dealer stock order, type 2 with priority 20 which should have been a type 1 customer order with a higher priority. It was changed and got scheduled the next Thursday, 3/25. The dealer can give you an order confirmation that shows all the details. After it was scheduled, the dealer gave me the VIN# when I called on Tuesday. I sent a PM private message to Seni on Thursday and she responded yesterday morning, 4/1. She said I didn't have any build date yet, but when I called the dealer this morning, they checked and said it showed a build date of 4/18. Of course, that is just Monday of the week it is supposed to be built.

If yours didn't get scheduled two days ago, then hopefully it will happen next Thursday. I would think the dealer could offer some explanation if that hasn't happened yet. Good luck to all of us!

Can anyone tell me why when I ordered the dealer put my order in as Order Type 2 and Priority 40?

Right now when I read the above quote and did some research I am not a happy person.

I have a priority code of 11 which after googling it seems to be pretty good.

Thanks for the replies, I have read all of that in search of why the past few days. I am looking for someone who may actually know what their strategy was in placing my order this way. I was told by my dealer they had two allocations that week for Explorers. I got one of them according to them.

In the end, I don't care as long as I don't go past 8 total weeks from order to delivery. But if I do, and this is the reason, then I am going to have an issue. Although they don't care whether I take the car because they will end up with something to sell, and I still will not have a vehicle.

It seems like there should be something the dealer can do. In my case, because they had it as stock initially, and because I had purchased two cars from the rep before, they may have forced it through the next week by getting help from the Ford regional manager. They can set higher priorities than the dealer. If the dealer has any clout, perhaps they can make it happen this coming Thursday.

Something else I'm thinking from everyone's stories is that it may vary alot by dealer. Maybe a larger dealer can get orders through more quickly. Mine has two large Ford dealerships in the area. I know that doesn't help now, but I'm just trying to understand what could be wrong.

For all the people who seem to be able to just walk away from their orders if they had to , i had to put $500 down just to order the car and if I, by chance, find a better deal somewhere else, they would keep the $500. Is that a normal practice for dealerships because i never ordered a car before and the car we actually want (has every option, color and everything else) is actually sitting at a different dealership about 20 minutes from my house. That vehicle was not available when we ordered the car, but i drove past that dealership, stopped in, and couldn't believe it was sitting there. I put in an earlier post that our car was ordered on 3/4 and absolutely nothing has been done since that time. I am growing a little impatient and its only been about 4 weeks, as i feel something should have been done by now.

I did not have to put any money down and my dealership has done everything they said they would as far as pricing, going above and beyond on another deal I had with them. I would like to know more about why the ordered mine a specific way but other than that my local hometown dealership is very good.

I would say this, if the waiting is killing you, AND they are willing to sell you the vehicle maybe 500 less, than go for it. I found a big dealership 60 miles away from me that will sell me any Explorer they have in stock at invoice - rebates but they do not have exactly what I want PLUS my dealership has been good to me with my previous vehicles. These dealerships do this all the time, and unless you ordered some crazy combination they will sell the car you ordered and make 500.00 off your deposit.

Even if they didn't sell you the vehicle 500 less, you can move on with your life and quit stressing over a vehicle LIKE ME!!

I just wanted to update this post to say that I was able to pull up my window sticker today and it scheduled for a build date of 4/12. I hope folks that ordered around the same time are getting their stickers now too: )

I just wanted to update this post to say that I was able to pull up my window sticker today and it scheduled for a build date of 4/12. I hope folks that ordered around the same time are getting their stickers now too: )
Congrats! What model and color did you order?

I ordered mine 3/18 and I don't even have a VIN yet. :(

I did order a Red Candy Limited, so I suspect it may be a paint pigment problem. Also, I found my dealer is not a "Select" dealer, whatever that means, but I am wondering if that affect the allocation any and my car might be further down the totem pole as a result.

I went with the;
Limited, white platinum tricoat/black charcoal
302A, 2nd row bucket/no console, DVD, moonroof, trailer hitch, crossbars, mud/rain guards.

I had no idea about the allocation thing when I ordered but so far things are moving quickly. I'm not sure if my dealer is a select dealer that had a very low stock of X's as did many of the other dealers in the Boston area.

I hope your order gets moving too!

Thanks Kim! I am happy your Explorer is cranking through the system!

Mine is similar to yours: Limited 4WD, Red Candy, Stone interior, 302A, Aluminum wheels, Tow Package, Moon Roof, Splash Guards.

Here in LA, I see very few on the dealer's lots and they are often out of stock or only have Explorers which are already sold and waiting to be picked up.

That its taking a while is not as big a deal as it might be, since I will be out of town the last two weeks of this month, but it would be nice to see a little progress! :)

who gives you your vin Your dealer ??

who gives you your vin Your dealer ??
Your dealer or you can PM our resident Queen of Customer Service, Seni (FordCustSrvc). She'll need your order number and dealer code, which you can obtain from your dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regarding the deposit, I thought giving it back was common practice. I was told up front that I had the "right of first refusal" and could have it back. I didn't even ask. The same with a Corvette I ordered in 1998. I got tired of waiting for mine and found one at another dealer. My dealer was pissed, but gave me back the deposit.

Back