Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport through ENCS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport through ENCS

saweeeet! right now my tentative ETA is 2/25/13 (not sure on the build date yet). So hopefully give or take +-1 week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

saweeeet! right now my tentative ETA is 2/25/13 (not sure on the build date yet). So hopefully give or take +-1 week.

Did you check to see if your sticker is posted online yet?

Tux I just got the same eta of 2/25 from Crystal.Two weeks later than the eta my dealer had given me.I wish Crystal was wrong but I highly doubt it.
I guess just sit back and wait for that window sticker.

Lou

Tux I just got the same eta of 2/25 from Crystal.Two weeks later than the eta my dealer had given me.I wish Crystal was wrong but I highly doubt it.
I guess just sit back and wait for that window sticker.

Lou

It'll be here before you know it, Lou! Once your new Explorer is here, you'll forget about all of this pesky waiting around business. :D

Crystal

Just an update, I finally got a sail date, April 5th. So for a recap:

29 December - Ordered
20 January - VIN
7 February - Built
21 February - Arrived at the Port (Oakland)
5 April - Scheduled to sail date
21 April - Tentative arrival to Korea

Then it will take 3 - 5 days to clear customs and get to me!

I'm over here in Germany and am ordering the 2014 Sport. But the order details are very very slow to get to ENCS. I want my name on the order list like the stateside folks are now already! I'm impatient.

I'm not sure it works the same as when we ordered our Audi....
BUT, if you can find the ETA loading date on the ship, you can track it across the ocean maybe :)
See if this makes sense:

1. Get the ETA "loaded on ship date" from your dealership. Would think the ford team can help with that in the States.

2. Go to http://www.pwl.de, click on the English flag for English language. Click on "schedules" on the left and scroll to see if you canfind your ships group like for the Audi it was Volkswagon Logistics.... Click on the PDF file. This brings-up a file that has the current schedule. Note the ship that corresponds with your loaded on ship date. Download the document because it changes regularly.

3. If, for the current example right now, the ETA is for your car to be loaded and arrive port on August 10 and 22 respectively, you're car will travel on the Cougar Ace. My car came in on this ship. Follow this line and search Google for more amazing stories about what this ship went through in 2006.

4. Once you know which ship you're on, go to either marine traffic or vesseltracker.

5. Find out from your dealership when the car was loaded on the ship. Ensure that the dates have not changed (I was originally on the Cougar Ace, changed to Neptune Ace, and then changed back to Cougar Ace which is the ship that my car got sent on).

6. Start tracking the ship. You can track it until it's off the coast depending on its destination track. You can see the ship "reappear" again around Halifax. It will disappear between Halifax and Quonset Port in Davisville, RI. Remember, unless you pay mucho $$, you will get delayed positions so don't pound your head against the wall if you don't see the ship there the day that it is supposed to be there.

7. The ships can get delayed. Cougar Ace got delayed at Zeebruge and Halifax for a total of 3 days. Many of the RO-RO carries are owned by either Wallenius-Wilhelmsen, Hoegh Lines, or Mitsui OSK lines to name a few. WW lets you track by VIN number so you can actually track your car by VIN for free. The Cougar Ace is owned by Mitsui OSK which does not allow public VIN tracking, but if you know which ship you are on, you can track the schedule here.

8. Once the ship leaves Davisville, your car has (most likely....hopefully) been offloaded. Your car is now with Norad, Inc being processed at the port. All port-installed accessories are being installed, checks are being made, and it's getting loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership. (I'll regret it everyday to Sunday, but a little birdie gave me a number to talk with somebody at the port office and track the car at this point by VIN for ETA to dealership but I was sworn to secrecy. If you can figure it out, you've done so on your own).

9. If your car is going to the Western side of the US, it's going to Houston or San Diego (from what I've gathered...not sure for certain). I have nothing else to say about that.

So for all you OCD people like me, you know how to track your car from Germany to the eastern US. Please feel free to add to the thread or ask questions.

again, this was for my Audi from Germany to Houston.... YRMV :) but using the maritime tracking can keep you occupied waiting ont he slow boat to wherever :)
Maybe you can reverse it going back to Germany ???

I'm over here in Germany and am ordering the 2014 Sport. But the order details are very very slow to get to ENCS. I want my name on the order list like the stateside folks are now already! I'm impatient.

This is my third vehicle ordered through ENCS and I'm sorry to tell you, the waiting never gets easier!

As for your order. I can tell you that after you order, going back to the sales rep won't really do anything but irritate you because they aren't even the ones who will give you your VIN number. AND, the "order number" they get is an internal number that you can't use with Ford to track it. Another thing that I figured out is that when ENCS orders, they don't have a "dealer" name that you can look up either. It is a facility at whichever port you are going out that Ford delivers it to.

When you get your VIN, the Ford reps here can track it from pre-production until it gets to that "dealer". After that, you can bug your sales rep again about how long it will take to prep the vehicle at port and when it will sail.

I've poked around and they have some gals in their NY office that can probably tell you the specific vessel and more accurate information on when the vehicle will sail, etc.

As you can see, I ordered in December, and my Ex Sport should be hitting the port here in Korea this weekend. My car arrived at the port in Oakland 2 months ago! lol

Good luck with your order :salute:

Thanks for the tips and advice JohnBoyToo and dink117.

I'm reading about the special "Xplan" pricing offered stateside; 0.4% off invoice; what are the chances ENCS will have this as well?? I highly doubt it, but the Xplan pricing is much better than theirs; and we still have to pay for overseas shipping.

Thanks for the tips and advice JohnBoyToo and dink117.

I'm reading about the special "Xplan" pricing offered stateside; 0.4% off invoice; what are the chances ENCS will have this as well?? I highly doubt it, but the Xplan pricing is much better than theirs; and we still have to pay for overseas shipping.

Get a quote for the lowest price you can in the states and take it to ENCS. They are supposed to match it or beat it. I can't speak to how they run things in Germany, but over here, the overseas shipping was part of my quote from the get-go.

Get a quote for the lowest price you can in the states and take it to ENCS. They are supposed to match it or beat it. I can't speak to how they run things in Germany, but over here, the overseas shipping was part of my quote from the get-go.

I'll give it a try and let you all know; thanks!

Well, I will finally be picking up my Sport on Tuesday, almost 4 months to the day after I ordered! I'll get some pics as soon as she rolls off the truck.

How's your Sport dink??

I ordered my '14 Sport last week. However, the ENCS price match/guarantee was NOT applicable for overseas orders, only CONUS; after further discussion with their agents. I tried...oh well.

How's your Sport dink??

I ordered my '14 Sport last week. However, the ENCS price match/guarantee was NOT applicable for overseas orders, only CONUS; after further discussion with their agents. I tried...oh well.

Dang, sorry that didn't work out for you with ENCS.

I am loving every moment in the Sport, even though I was only able to put 150 or so miles on it because of work. If I had to pick one word to describe everything about it (so far) it would be effortless. I have a 2012 Mustang 5.0 so I know the feeling of power, the Ex has not disappointed. It is a very different feel, but just as satisfying to me.

I snapped some preliminary pics over in the Explorer Sport pic thread. Planning on putting my splash guards, bumper protector, and shark fin antenna on this weekend.

hey dink, would you mind giving me some close ups and different angles of the splash guards as we can get them free but the wife doesn't think they will 'look' good on her car ? :)

hey dink, would you mind giving me some close ups and different angles of the splash guards as we can get them free but the wife doesn't think they will 'look' good on her car ? :)

You bet. You can also assure your wife that she will not regret using them, as they catch so much crap from these big wheels/tires. That, and she won't even notice them after the first week. :thumbsup:

a little update: my Sport left Balt. port 18th (so they say) and should arrive in Bremerhaven the 30th if sailing goes well. Then should be able to pick it up either the 5th or 6th. Here's hoping no delays and gets in early, so I can pick it up on the holiday (2nd)....here's hoping anyhow, haha

and I'm going to try to find the vessel name so I can try to track it; hope it works

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a little update: my Sport left Balt. port 18th (so they say) and should arrive in Bremerhaven the 30th if sailing goes well. Then should be able to pick it up either the 5th or 6th. Here's hoping no delays and gets in early, so I can pick it up on the holiday (2nd)....here's hoping anyhow, haha

Thanks for the update, anomadtoo! I'm glad to hear that your Explorer is getting closer to you every day. :)

Crystal

Back