Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport through ENCS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport through ENCS

dink117

Reaction score
City, State
APO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone. I just ordered my new 2013 Explorer Sport on December 29th. For those of you wondering what ENCS is, it stands for Exchange New Car Sales. I live and work overseas and this is a military program so we can enjoy new American cars custom ordered too! This is my third car through them and let me tell you, if you think your wait is hard, I will probably get my Explorer in MAY! Ouch, this is going to be a long wait.

I got the White Platinum metallic. 402A group and towing package is all I needed.

I currently have a 2012 Mustang GT in Ingot Silver and it is a pleasure every time I press the gas pedal. I look forward to conversing with everyone here, and I fully intend to pester those of you who already have your Sport model Explorers to post MOAR PICTURES! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone. I just ordered my new 2013 Explorer Sport on December 29th. For those of you wondering what ENCS is, it stands for Exchange New Car Sales. I live and work overseas and this is a military program so we can enjoy new American cars custom ordered too! This is my third car through them and let me tell you, if you think your wait is hard, I will probably get my Explorer in MAY! Ouch, this is going to be a long wait.

I got the White Platinum metallic. 402A group and towing package is all I needed.

I currently have a 2012 Mustang GT in Ingot Silver and it is a pleasure every time I press the gas pedal. I look forward to conversing with everyone here, and I fully intend to pester those of you who already have your Sport model Explorers to post MOAR PICTURES! lol

Congrats!
I remember ordering my first new car through that program when I was in Panama back in 1990.

Ed

Sweet! I ordered mine with the exact same options (402a and tow pack) but in black. Ordered it on the 27th of December. We'll have to see who gets theirs first :)

Can't wait to see your white platinum!

Sweet! I ordered mine with the exact same options (402a and tow pack) but in black. Ordered it on the 27th of December. We'll have to see who gets theirs first :)

Can't wait to see your white platinum!

Well, they might be able to race to California, but mine will have to go to San Fran and get prepped and put on a boat to come over to me here. That usually takes a month to a month and a half :(

And likewise, I can't wait to see more pics of a black sport :thumbsup:

Well, they might be able to race to California, but mine will have to go to San Fran and get prepped and put on a boat to come over to me here. That usually takes a month to a month and a half :(

And likewise, I can't wait to see more pics of a black sport :thumbsup:

They'll probably be on the assembly line, rail car, transport truck, and in the Benecia Port together! It'll be the line of "people who didn't order a sunroof on their 402a" side. Haha.

Where are you having it delivered to?

They'll probably be on the assembly line, rail car, transport truck, and in the Benecia Port together! It'll be the line of "people who didn't order a sunroof on their 402a" side. Haha.

Where are you having it delivered to?

That would be cool if they traveled together! My Ex will be coming over to me in South Korea. I could really use it now with the weather we've been having, my Mustang likes to get loose with slippery roads :eek:

Trent

Oh I can see that happening. I have an 04 GTO 6 speed that's my daily driver right now. Luckily it doesn't get sooo cold here in central Cal.... but when it rains a lil bit, that low end torque likes to get lil sideways :) I never owned a 4wd vehicle, even when I lived in WI. Always had RWD + sandbags haha

We'll have to see if the sequential number on our VIN's are close together. (last 3 or 4 digits I believe)

the Goat:
7346474784_946af698c2_z.jpg

(the tint is only illegal if you get caught) ;)

Oh I can see that happening. I have an 04 GTO 6 speed that's my daily driver right now. Luckily it doesn't get sooo cold here in central Cal.... but when it rains a lil bit, that low end torque likes to get lil sideways :) I never owned a 4wd vehicle, even when I lived in WI. Always had RWD + sandbags haha

We'll have to see if the sequential number on our VIN's are close together. (last 3 or 4 digits I believe)

the Goat:
(the tint is only illegal if you get caught) ;)

That's a good looking goat. One good thing about Korea is they don't care what kind of tint you put in your car. My Mustang is pretty well blacked out at the moment, full winter mode.

I have an old post from one of my Mustang forums that broke out the VIN # for what each digit means, I'll see if I can find it.

910_10200216894167122_949755303_n.jpg

Oh sweet thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out.

Your 'stang looks pretty bad! I used to sell Ford and was a Finance manager for Ford dealership before I started working for the county. Needless to say, when the GM of the dealership leased an 11 5.0 ...he let me take it for a weekend to "duratest" it haha. It's quick, but a little more low-end torque would have pleased me slightly more.

Thats why i waited for an Ecoboost 3.5 Explorer....great low end torque!

Congratulations on your order, dink117! I can track the American leg of your Explorer's journey; just send me a PM with your VIN and I'll fill you in on its progress. Once it gets on the boat, though, I'm afraid I don't have access to tracking information while it's sailing on the seven seas. :D

Crystal

Congratulations on your order, dink117! I can track the American leg of your Explorer's journey; just send me a PM with your VIN and I'll fill you in on its progress. Once it gets on the boat, though, I'm afraid I don't have access to tracking information while it's sailing on the seven seas. :D

Crystal

Thanks Crystal! I will PM you when I get the VIN ;) When I ordered my Mustang, I was able to find out the shipping company and track their vessel (not exactly real time) on its way over to me, hopefully I can do that this time as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Crystal! I will PM you when I get the VIN ;) When I ordered my Mustang, I was able to find out the shipping company and track their vessel (not exactly real time) on its way over to me, hopefully I can do that this time as well. :thumbsup:

Sounds good, dink117! I'll look forward to seeing your message.

Crystal

Oh sweet thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out.

Your 'stang looks pretty bad! I used to sell Ford and was a Finance manager for Ford dealership before I started working for the county. Needless to say, when the GM of the dealership leased an 11 5.0 ...he let me take it for a weekend to "duratest" it haha. It's quick, but a little more low-end torque would have pleased me slightly more.

Thats why i waited for an Ecoboost 3.5 Explorer....great low end torque!

Hey, did you get that VIN # yet???

Just picked my White Sport up last night, it is pretty bad ass. It was dirty when i test drove it, but when they cleaned it up and pulled it out at night it looked mean. IDK if these are worth 50k, but i am def impressed so far.

Just picked my White Sport up last night, it is pretty bad ass. It was dirty when i test drove it, but when they cleaned it up and pulled it out at night it looked mean. IDK if these are worth 50k, but i am def impressed so far.

Congrats! I look forward to seeing pictures :thumbsup:

Hey, did you get that VIN # yet???

No VIN yet :( my dealer ordered it low priority. So it may not schedule for build for another week or so.

But I'm glad you got a VIN!

Received my VIN # and sent you a message!

Hi dink117,

Congrats on getting your VIN! I see that my colleague Cole helped you out while I was out of the office. Feel free to reach out to me for weekly updates on your Explorer's status.

Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi dink117,

Congrats on getting your VIN! I see that my colleague Cole helped you out while I was out of the office. Feel free to reach out to me for weekly updates on your Explorer's status.

Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Window sticker is up, build date of 7 Feb is set!

Back