ordered my clear corners yesterday... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ordered my clear corners yesterday...

..from procarparts.com (http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD95EP-0284SLX) and was wondering:

a) they dont say "diamond cut" so im guessing theyre similar to the ones i have now w/o the reflector?

2) if they are similar to the ones i have now, should i return them and get some of these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=33708&item=7966869117&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)?

sorry to post a new thread for this, i would have PM'd someone but i didnt know who ti PM/if they think its annoying... thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No they are not diamond

And yes return them and get the ones on ebay, You WONT be dissapointed

there is nothing wrong with the procarparts lights, i have thad the clear corners on my yota for well over a year and they are still as clear as the day i put them on, and my truck never gets waxed or any special attention, i only wash it in fact when there is soooo much crap on it that it leaves huge mud clods in the street where i park it and the neighbors complain.....

The diamond corners will look sooooooooooooo much better.

Good luck.

got the initial clears in today, not bad looking... but i think im going to return them and credit them torward some diamond headlights

hehehe - good luck with that one :rolleyes: - make sure you make up a story or something - i don't see them just accepting the return b/c you bought the wrong ones

aldive said:
The diamond corners will look sooooooooooooo much better.

Good luck.

Agreed, especially with the diamond cut headlights. I think the "regular" corners look fine with OEM headlights.

got the diamond cuts today... soo much better. Hopefully by friday i can order the diamond headlights and install those bishes

BuffaloXplorer said:
hehehe - good luck with that one :rolleyes: - make sure you make up a story or something - i don't see them just accepting the return b/c you bought the wrong ones
if they are reputable(which they are not) they should accept them back no problem within a certain time limit and in the conditin they were snet in. especially if they are being returned for credit in the purchase of the more expensive diamond heads.

yeah thats what i was thinking but i still havent heard a response yet

alphabets13 said:
if they are reputable(which they are not) they should accept them back no problem within a certain time limit and in the conditin they were snet in. especially if they are being returned for credit in the purchase of the more expensive diamond heads.

You were part of the Group Buy, right? What would make you think that PCP wouldn't just take the profits from 2 sales & run with it?

BuffaloXplorer said:
You were part of the Group Buy, right? What would make you think that PCP wouldn't just take the profits from 2 sales & run with it?
unfortunately yes. i'm not sure of another place that sells the diamond heads though. he may have no choice but to buy them off PCP. if he can ebay the non-diamonmd corners, and buy the heads somewhere else. that would be his best route.

My comment was moreso directed at him getting a refund from PCP - not buying the diamond clears and/or headlights from them. Aside from the GB, i've had decent doings with PCP. I just wouldn't expect them to refund money, period. You see how they have us. You're right about eBaying the "older" clears, though, and for that matter, i sold brand new clears on the FSTW board and lost very little money.

yeah ripper, i saw them on that site a week or two ago and was amazed at that price.. if they dont get back to me (which it looks like theyre not going to) i might have to sell my regular clear corners and get those.

i would like to see pictures of them as well

xxScapegoat said:
...sell my regular clear corners and get those.

i would like to see pictures of them as well

So, what are you still looking for? You bought the older clear corners, then bought the new diamond clear corners, and now are looking to buy the diamond headlights? I got mixed up with your posts.

Anyway, the diamond heads through Makoto are the exact same units available through PCP. Same manufacturer, same product, same quality. A friend of mine bought them and they came in the same kind of box with the same lettering from the manufacturer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BuffaloXplorer said:
So, what are you still looking for? You bought the older clear corners, then bought the new diamond clear corners, and now are looking to buy the diamond headlights? I got mixed up with your posts.

B-I-NGO

Back