Ordering my 2016 Explorer Platinum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering my 2016 Explorer Platinum

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Next month I will be going to my dealer to place my order for my new 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum in the White Platinum with the Second Row Bucket Seats including the Console ,DVD Headrest , Roof Rack Cross Bars,Splash Guards and Wheel Locks. I will be returning my leased 2013 White Platinum Ford Explorer Sport with only 17,000 miles and in Show Room Condition. I was originally going to get the 2015 Ford Expedition Platinum but now I am leaning more towards the Explorer Platinum because all the bells and whistles the Explorer Platinum has.

My salesman already contacted me and told me that July/August are the best months to start ordering either SUV since it is the month where you get the most incentives and rebates. I am starting to see the 2016 Explorers on the streets but not a single Platinum one yet. Not even at the dealers but I know its just a matter of time.

I will keep you posted as soon as my order has been placed . Don't know why my dealer gets their orders so fast because when I placed my order for my 2013 Explorer Sport in late December 2012 ( and there was a waiting period of approximately 8-10 weeks back then) I received my Explorer at the dealer on the middle of February ,2013. They dealer explained to me back then that it has to do with dealer allocation. My guess that they must fall in that category so I hope that when I placed my order for the 2016 Explorer Platinum I can get it as fast but truthfully I can patiently wait until it arrives at my dealer. " good things come to those who wait"

Say goodbye to my 2013 Explorer Sport ,
ExplorerSport4_zps1551f7d8.jpg
[/URL]

ExplorerSport5_zpsc306d464.jpg
[/URL]

B46-B93F6EBB3A2E-4877-000001C1EF82CB96_zpsf9c693b0.jpg
[/URL]

E6B-C9BAD5305DD4-4877-000001C1ED435193_zpsa1b1275d.jpg
[/URL]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weathertech window deflectors?

Yes , they are in channel weather tech window deflectors . The best ones in the market . I'm also getting them for my new 2016 Explorer or Expedition

Sadly, they're not available for the 16 Explorer yet.

Yes , they are in channel weather tech window deflectors . The best ones in the market . I'm also getting them for my new 2016 Explorer or Expedition

Sadly, they're not available for the 16 Explorer yet.

It doesn't matter. The doors are the same in the 2016 model year . Nothing has changed as far as the dimensions on the doors. I can order them for a 2015 and they will fit just fine in the 2016 model. It will be the same with the running boards . I will buy the same running boards from DeeZee for a 2015 model year and they will fit the 2016.

Let us know when you hear about when the Platinum will start hitting showrooms.

Let us know when you hear about when the Platinum will start hitting showrooms.

I Placed a call to my Ford Dealer today ( Quality Auto Mall in New Jersey) and they told me that Ford is starting to take orders on the Platinum Edition Explorer . I will be stoping next week to order mine with the dual headrest dvd and the second row bucket seats with center console . I'll be ordering mine in the White Platinum .

Get your order in ASAP, dealers are getting their August allocations and you don't want to have to wait until September for your order to get processed. At least in my area mid July orders are setting up for late September builds.

:)

Get your order in ASAP, dealers are getting their August allocations and you don't want to have to wait until September for your order to get processed. At least in my area mid July orders are setting up for late September builds.

:)

My order for my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum was placed on Saturday August 15 and Ford has received the order from the dealer. Now its just a matter of waiting for the vin # so later I can check the Window Sticker.

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
White Platinum
Dual DVD Headrest
Rear Second Row Center Console
Second Row Bucket Seats
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Splash Guards

Will keep you posted of the build day. Once the Explorer has been delivered I will take photos and post them here.

Regards,
Carlos

My order for my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum was placed on Saturday August 15 and Ford has received the order from the dealer. Now its just a matter of waiting for the vin # so later I can check the Window Sticker.

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
White Platinum
Dual DVD Headrest
Rear Second Row Center Console
Second Row Bucket Seats
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Splash Guards

Will keep you posted of the build day. Once the Explorer has been delivered I will take photos and post them here.

Regards,
Carlos

I ordered on July 15th. I got my Window Sticker on September 19th, for a Friday 25th build date.

TW

As promised here it is !!

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg