Ordering my 2016 Explorer Tomorrow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering my 2016 Explorer Tomorrow

ShiloJess

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Doing the deed tomorrow, had a 93 Explorer, finally coming home, going be ordering the 2016 Explorer Platinum Edition, with the black interior. Thought about the Limited with the same or most options, but hell I am a sucker for the beautiful interior of the Platinum. Is it worth the extra few grand, maybe not, but I sure am. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not to whiz in your Cheerios but my dealer told me the black interior is for "later" builds. I was leaning towards the Ceramic anyway, so went that route.
You may want to check on this, if you're expecting a fast delivery.

TW

Oh Yeah,
With the Platinum you get the quilted leather (w/Platinum stitching) and a 500 watt Sony Sound System. I'm a sucker for sound systems.

Black Platinum interiors supposedly start building in December

Black Platinum interiors supposedly start building in December

Where did you get that information from? The latest order guide just said "late availability" without specific month.

Where did you get that information from? The latest order guide just said "late availability" without specific month.

Although it's speculation, it is from a trusted source that hasn't been wrong yet.

December for the Ebony Interior?

Wow that is a long wait, not sure what to do, go with the Ceramic or wait. Opinions?

I'll give you my opinion... I can only drive a car with a black interior. I would wait + you'll also get some year-end discounts at that point. I think it'll be worth the wait. With such a big purchase like this, might as well do it right. You'll thank yourself later. UNLESS... you can live with the alternate color interior :)

But they are now offering employee pricing and a $750 rebate...I am getting $7000 off now...not sure if I can do better. Thanks for your thoughts.

Why don't you "downgrade" with the sport! True you will "only" get a sony 390 watts soundsystem. But you can spec it out to just about the platinum spec and save a couple Ks$ AND get black interior with sport red stiching. The grill and wheels look a lot better too IMHO!!!

I would if I could get a full bench instead of the Captain Chairs, in the rear, or at least consider anyway, but you cant beat the finish touches of the Platinum ...sweet.:)

Back